Chapter 40

~Daniel's POV~
I could see Skylar super stressed out and anxious.
"Why were you with Mr. Thompson in the first place?" The guy asked Sky.
She was stuttering and looked at me.

"You ok?" I mouthed to her.
I saw her face go almost completely pale. She rubbed her face and she leaned herself on the table.
I went over to her.
"Hey, hey are you ok?" I asked her.

I picked up her chin. She barely looked at me before she just passed out in my arms.
"Woah, woah hey Sky!" I called out to her. She went limp in my arms. I rubbed her chest to wake her up. But she didn't.
rar re I looked at everyone in the room.
"Don't just stand there, call someone!" I yelled to them.

Then Liz and Kyle came in.
"Hey what happened?" Liz asked.
"I don't know, they were questioning her, then she just passed out." I said.
"Let's get her laying down on the floor." Liz told me.
We laid her down in her back.

Kyle called an ambulance.
"We need an ambulance at the 97th district in Los Angeles." I heard him say.
I kept trying to run Sky's chest. Trying to wake her up.
"Come on... wake up, dammit.... Wake up..." I whispered.

I kept checking her pulse, it kept coming and going.
Liz left and came back with a stethoscope.
"Her breathing is super weak." She told me.
She used to be a paramedic.

"Kyle, where are we at with that Ambulance?" I asked him.
"They're 20 minutes out." He said.
I looked at Liz.
"She can't wait that long." She told me.

I picked up Skylar.
"Let's get her down to one of the cars. We'll take her to the hospital ourselves." I told Liz and Kyle.
We got down to one of the cars.
"I'll drive." Kyle said.

We got to the hospital and I ran in with Sky.
"We need a doctor!" Liz yelled.
Dr. Kean came over.
"I need a gurney!" She yelled.

They got Sky in a bay.
They finally got her stable after about 2 minutes.
"Ok so... what happened?" Dr. Kean asked.
"It's a long story... but the short answer is, she got worked up and passed out." I explained.

"Who is she exactly? A new officer?" She asked.
"Yea, and my girlfriend. Her name is Skylar Severide." I told her. She looked shocked when I said "girlfriend"
"Ok... are there any other contradicting factors that could've made her pass out?" Dr. Kean asked me.
"No, she was just super stressed out and anxious." I told her.

"Ok, well, she should wake up soon. I'll be back soon to check on her. Once she wakes up, we're going to do a some labs on her to make sure there wasn't another reason she passed out." She said.
"Thanks, Avery." I told her. She smiled at me.
"Yea no problem." She said, and walked out.
Liz put her hand on my shoulder.

"She's ok, don't stress..." she told me.
I looked at her.
"Yea but... why are those guys here in the first place? Who the hell told Chief Collins about all this?" I asked her.
"I don't know, Daniel... just... be with Skylar, that's all you can do right now." She said.

I looked down at Skylar, she was ok physically, but I know not mentally. She's super stressed out and anxious. I sat down next to her gurney and held her hand.
"We'll be out in the waiting room, update us if anything." Liz told me.
I nodded my head and they left.

I put one of Skylar's hand in between mine and just started praying. I'm not super religious, but I was when I was younger. I was raised super catholic, but as David and I got older, our parents stopped being super strict about being religious and we sort of stopped.

"Dear God, I just ask that you please let Skylar wake up, fine and healthy like nothing ever happened. I ask that you please let this all wash over and just be a fever dream. I ask you to just help us out and get this whole situation resolved.... Amen." I whispered under my breath.

I looked back up at Skylar and stroked her hair.
"Just please be ok baby... I can't loose you..." I whispered.

~Skylar's POV~
I wake up in a fog, it takes me a second to be able to open my eyes. Once I do, I flutter then open and look.
I was, in a hospital? I was confused.

I laid there and tried to remember why I was here, and what happened, but everything was a blur. I looked around the room. It was empty. I didn't hear anything or anyone.
I looked at my arm, I had some IV's on.

I looked at them and pulled them each out.
"Hey, those are helping you, what are you doing?" I heard a voice.
I froze. I know that voice.
I turned back around and saw Cam there.

"What the hell? Cam?" I asked him, not believing.
"Hey Sky." He smiled.
I hugged him.
"What happened? Am I dead?" I asked him.
He shook his head.
"No... from what I know... someone found out about Thompson.. when they questioned you... you passed out." He told me.

Then I remembered everything.
"But where's Daniel? Why am I here?" I asked him.
"He's ok, he's at your bedside. He's worried for you." He told me.
All of a sudden, someone else came in the room.
"Hey little sis." It was Kayla.

"Hey." I smiled and she hugged me.
"I saw what you did to Thompson, and that you're a police officer now. That's great." She smiled.
"Yea, never would've expected you to be a cop, but you're good at it." Cam laughed.

I laughed a little.
"Yea... um... where's Daniel though?" I asked them.
"He's at your bedside, like I said." Cam told me.
He looked at Kayla and she nodded her head.
"We can show you him." She told me.

I looked at them both confused.
"How?" I asked.
"Can you walk?" Cam asked me.
I nodded my head.

We walked around the hospital.
"Why is it empty?" I asked.
"Because this isn't really a hospital." Kayla said. But before I could answer, we were there.
I saw Daniel there, and my body on the gurney.

I went over to him and put my shoulder on him, but he didn't see or feel me.
"He can't see you." Cam said.
I looked at them.
"Why?" I asked them.
"How do you think you don't see us?" Kayla asked me.
"Because... I can't?" I guessed.

Then I saw Daniel tearing up.
"Baby just please wake up..." he whispered.
That made me upset.
I looked at both Cam and Kayla with tears in my eyes.

"I wanna be back with him... I can't stand to see him like this..." I told them.
They both looked at me.
"We aren't in charge of that. You have to send yourself back." Cam told me.

"How do I do that?" I asked them.
"Just wake up." Kayla told me.

Then all of a sudden, I felt myself wake up. I could feel Daniel holding my hand. My eyes felt heavy as I slowly opened them.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻