Chapter 76

~Skylar is 37 weeks-
-Mid-February-
~Skylars POV~
I stopped working 2 weeks ago and was put on bedrest. I'm a bit upset that I had to stop working, especially since I was just working at a desk. But I understand why I have to be on bedrest and honestly, it's been really relaxing on my body to not have to worry about working and the stress on working on cases.

Not having to work right now is one weight that I can take off my shoulders, and considering all the other stress factors between our daughter's health, to worrying about Daniel at work since I can't be with him. It's been a weird last few weeks.

My body has been adjusting to this end of pregnancy stage and it's just hurting everywhere. My legs, back, ribs, shoulders, everything has been hurting. We're officially all ready for this baby. The one thing we still haven't done, is pick a name. We really have to get on that soon. Dr. Collins said that I can go into labor anytime now.

It was a Saturday. Daniel was out doing some errands for work, and Maxx was here, he was just in his room. It was half past noon right now. I was doing the dishes in the kitchen right now. Then Maxx came out.

"Morning." He yawned, scratching his hair and getting some drunk out of the fridge.
"Morning? It's 12:30 already." I laughed.
"Seriously? Damn..." he yawned.
"Yea, what time did you go to bed last night?" I asked him.

"Uh... like... 2am." He said.
"What? Why?" I asked him.
"I was watching some show on Netflix and I couldn't stop watching it." He chuckled.
"You need to stop going to bed so late. Anyways, you got any plans today?" I asked him.

"Yea, I'm going out with some friends at around 5." He told me.
"Where you guys going?" I asked him.
"I'm not too too sure... it was like a last mintier thing I got invited to." He explained.
"Well, sounds good. Just be back before Midnight." I told him.

"Where's Daniel?" He asked me.
"He's out doing something, left just over 2 hours ago. He should be coming back in maybe an hour or two." I explained.
"Alright, I'm gonna go take a shower. You need my help with anything first?" He asked me.
"Uh no, I think I'm good." I chuckled.

~few hours later~
It was now 5 Maxx just left like 5 minutes. And I was wondering where Daniel was. Just as I was about to text him, the front door opened. I looked at the door and saw Daniel walk in. He smiled and came over to me.

"Hey baby, what took you so long?" I chuckled as he kissed him.
"They wanted me to keep staying longer to help them, but I kept explaining that I didn't want to leave you home alone any longer. So it was a whole lot of arguing with them. Trying to explain how I used to be so... go with the flow and available anytime. But I've changed I mean, I have you, we're about to become parents... it was just... A whole lot of yelling, and I left before anything got worse." He explained.

"Who? Who were you with? What are you doing?" I asked him.
"Working on a case... outside of work..." he explained.
"Please don't tell me you're working with that Peterson guy again..." I told him. JJ Peterson is one of Daniel's friends he's had since he was really young. But he's a dirty cop, like one of those cops that I knew back in Chicago.

He looked away and rubbed his face.
"Babe..." I groaned.
"Look, Sky, we've been friends since 1st grade. He needs my help on a case. I agreed to help him... then he got mad because I had to leave when we were just getting somewhere and... we started yelling, and I left before I could even think about punching him on the spot..." he explained.

"I told you to stop working with him... you're gonna get yourself in a mess that you won't be able to clean up." I told him, running my fingers through his hair.
"Yea I know... I made it clear that I'm not helping him again for a while..." he sighed and looked at me.