Chapter 57

-End of August-
~Skylar's POV~
This month has been rough. I actually thought I was pregnant at one point, but my period was just late. And I just ended it a week ago, so I know that I'm not pregnant and it's really just killing me. All I want is a baby. I know I'm young and people say that I should travel and see the world before I settle down. But I'd rather travel and see the world with my children, making memories with them.

I woke up with a massive headache and super nauseous. I didn't even know what time it was. But I got up and made my way to the kitchen to grab some pain meds and a bottle of water. But all of a sudden I got super dizzy and felt as if I was going to just throw up. I ran to the bathroom, quietly though so I wouldn't wake up Danny.

I've slowly been outgrowing my Emetophobia, but it still just makes me anxious sometimes. But considering that I'm also going to be a mom, I have to get used to it. Once I finished, I leaned my head on the toilet seat and took a deep breath. I mustered up some strength to pull myself up to the counter and grabbed my toothbrush with some toothpaste and brushed my teeth.

Once I was once, I saw the pregnancy test box on the counter.
"There's no way. I just finished my period.." I whispered under my breath. I put the box underneath the sink and felt so dizzy and just out of it. Maybe I was catching a bug. For some reason, Cam and I used to always get sick around this time. But ever since moving to LA, I never got sick around this time, but I guess it's starting up again.

I made my way back to bed. I was quiet and careful not to wake up Daniel. I did not want him making me stay home from work or anything. But when I got to bed, I noticed he wasn't there. Then he came in from the main area.

"Hey... are you ok? You look really pale..." he told me.
"Yea I'm fine... just tired.. what time it is?" I fake yawned.
"4:50am what are you doing awake this early?" He asked me.
"I was using the bathroom." I said.
He nodded his head and looked at me. I felt absolutely terrible and my body was just incredibly weak. But I didn't want him to know and keep me home.

We both laid back in bed.
Daniel rubbed my back and stroked my hair. He knew I wasn't ok, but he didn't say anything. Then our alarms went off for work.
"We have to get ready.. you sure you wanna go in today?" He whispered to me. I had my eyes closed as I was snuggled up in his chest and taking some quiet, slow breaths.

I didn't say anything expect slowly nodded my head.
"Yea... just.. give me 5 minutes..." I finally whispered.
We stayed like that for another 5 minutes before we both got up and got dressed.

Daniel was in the kitchen getting his bag ready, and I was in our room trying to do my hair. I was trying to just do a braid, but I feel like I could barely stand straight and I couldn't even do the braid right. I just gave up and left my hair down.

We both were done getting ready and we drove down to the district.
The whole drive I felt my body get worse and worse. Every turn, every break, I would get more of a headache and more dizzy. When we got there, Daniel and I usually run up the stairs together, but I was going up them slow.

"Listen, you sure you're alright? I can take you home right now and I can take home with you." He told me. Waking back down the stairs.
"Yea I'm ok, baby... I think I caught a bug. Cam and I used to always get sick around this time." I said.

Once we got upstairs, I sat down at my desk and Liz was at hers and she turned to me once she saw me.
"Hey. Are you feeling ok? You don't look too good.." she told me with some concern in her voice.
I looked at her and gave a little smile.
"Yea I'm alright, just tired... how about you?" I asked her, hoping she bought it.

"Uh yea, I'm good... but you look really pale..." she told me.
I looked at her and debated on lying to her again.
"Yea.. I'm fine." I faked a smile again.
And before she could question me again, Diego came out.

"Alright everyone. Listen up. We got a new case." He said.
"What is it?" Kyle asked.
"This is Evelyn Ali. She is 17 years old. And on August 18th, she was reported missing. The 25th district has been working on this case for a few days and they are stumped, so they sent the case over to us." Diego explained, showing us a photo.

Missing children cases always get to me and I always get involved in them. They're close to my heart. I was in their shoes and I never want anyone to experience what I did especially younger people.

"Do we know where she was last seen? Or if she just ran away or got kidnapped?" Liz asked.
"She was last seen in that small convenience store on West Street Avenue. After that, she was seen getting in her car outside of the store and driving off." Diego explained.

"Do we have a phone number that I can try to find and ping the phone?" Nick asked.
"Yea, here." Diego gave him a piece of paper.
"Does she have any problems or issues at home that would make us think she ran away?" Daniel asked.

"Her mom says she has severe anxiety and bunch of other issues. Her mom said that she even gets too scared to be left home alone or driving herself to school." Diego explained.
"Could it be... a secret lover?" Garret asked.

"We don't know... Skylar, Liz, you guys head over to the store that she was last seen and see of you two can get anything. Daniel, Kyle, you two will head over to her school and see if you can get anything from the staff. Henry and Garret, you guys can head over to her house and see if the mom will tell you more about her." Diego ordered.

Liz and I got ready and headed down. We got in one of the cars and went to the store.
"What do you happened to this girl?" Liz asked me.
"Uh... not too sure... it seems weird that the mom explained all she has all these issues, yet her daughter just left one day..." I said.

"Hey... are you sure you're ok? You're more quiet than usual and I can just tell something's off with you..." she told me.
"Yea Liz, I'm fine. I think I just need some coffee." I said, but once I said that, coffee literally sounded like the most disgusting thing ever.

We got to the store and went inside.
"Can I help you ladies find anything?" The guy at the front asked us.
"Uh yea, we need you to tell us about this girl." Liz pulled up a picture Diego has sent her of the girl in the store. We both showed him our badges.
"Never seen her." He said, but we both knew that was a total lie.

"Sir, this is a 17 year old girl who is missing. And she could either be perfectly fine, or tied up in a cage probably bleeding to death. And if it's the 2nd option god help me I will climb over this counter and beat the living hell out of you for not telling us this information." I practically reprimanded him like as if he was a child. I don't even know what came over me.

Liz put her hand on my shoulder. Then she pulled my arm and took me outside.
"What the hell was that?" Liz asked me.
"I don't know... I... you know how I get with these missing children cases... I'm sorry..." I sighed.
"Listen it's ok... just... you know you can't be making those outbursts like that." She told me.

I nodded my head. We were about to go back inside, but then our radios went off.
"Everyone meet up at 45 Henderson street. We may have found where she is." We heard Diego in our radios.
"Let's go." I said.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻