Chapter 69

~Skylar's POV~
Kyle turned the guy around and I couldn't believe who it was.
"Maxx?" I asked him. He looked at me and at everyone.
"Out of all the cops in fucking Los Angeles..." he said.
"What were they doing down there?" I asked Kyle.
"Drinking and hanging out." He said.

I looked at Maxx and grabbed his face to look at him. He had a small bruise forming under his eye from when Liz pinned him on the ground.
"You're supposed to be at school." I told him.
"I had senior privilege." He told me.
He smelled like alcohol.
"Let's take him to the district." I said.

"You're arresting me?" Maxx asked me, upset.
I looked at him and don't say anything.
Kyle had him in handcuffs and we all left.
Liz and I drove to the district.

"What are you gonna do with your brother?" She asked me.
"I don't even know... my god... my head is spinning..." I groaned. I was so upset and confused and annoyed.
"Hey relax... it's good that we caught him..." she told me.

When we got to the district, we took Maxx upstairs and sat him at a desk, still in the handcuffs.
"What gives? Let me go! I didn't do anything wrong!" He yelled at us.
"You were under age drinking at an abandoned building when you're supposed to be at school." Garret explained.

Daniel and I went to the locker room. I opened up my locker.
"What are you doing?" Daniel asked me.
"We're taking him home. I need to have a talk with him." I told him.
He didn't say anything, but his bag from his locker.

We went back out and I took the handcuffs off him, but grabbed his arm.
"Sky let me go! That hurts!" He yelled at me.
"You should've thought about that before you decided to go drink at an abandoned house with some buddies." I told him.

"We're gonna take the rest of shift off and.. deal with this.." Daniel said.
Everyone let us go and we left.
Daniel, Maxx, and I drove home.
I didn't say anything, but if smoke could come out of my ears, I would look like a whole factory. I was just livid.

Once we got home, we went upstairs. Maxx went to his room but we followed him.
"What the hell?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked me, as if he did nothing wrong. He grabbed his video game controller. I snatched it out of his hand.

"Hey!" He yelled at me.
"No, what the hell were you thinking? You're 17! Why the hell were you with some guys drinking in the basement of an abandoned house?!" I yelled at him.
"Sky you're acting like I was playing Russian roulette, it was just a few shots." He told me.

"No! It's not just a few shots! You should be at school, learning and paying attention!" I yelled.
"Oh my god! Why do you care?! You're just like Mom and Ma! That's exactly why I wanted to move! To have more freedom! And you're just like them!" He yelled.

"I'm only being this way because I care about you! Did you take anything else?" I asked him.
He scoffed and looked away.
"Since you'll find out anyway problem.. we smoked a few joints." He told me.
"What? Maxx..." I said. At this point, I wasn't even yelling anymore, but at that smiling, laughing, angry faze.

"What does it matter? It's just a little bit that I did one time!" He yelled.
"No! It's not just a little bit that you do one time! You can get addicted! Oh my god, Maxx! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why are you doing this?! Is this some teen rebellion?" I asked him.

"No, it's me trying to enjoy my last months of being a teenager before I'm about to become an adult and you're just ruining it!" He yelled at me.
"I'm not running anything for you! I'm helping you! You think this is easy?! Going from having no kids, to now pregnant with a 17 year old?! Well, it's not! You're starting to dig a hole that's going to be very steep to get out of!" I yelled at him.

"Alright, let's... take this down a notch..." Daniel grabbed my shoulder.
I left the room and went to our room. Daniel followed.
I was pacing back and forth, breathing heavy from the anger.