Chapter 31

~Skylar's POV~
My heart was racing. This couldn't be the same guy that killed Cam... right?
"Do we have a picture of this guy? Get a face to match the name?" Daniel asked.
"Not yet, we should get one soon from the Chicago Police department." Diego told everyone.

Just then, Julia, Daniel's mom came in.
"Eric Thompson, 42 male. 6ft, weighs roughly about 250 lbs." she explained, bringing the photo.
Diego stuck it on the big whiteboard they have.
My heart dropped. I stopped breathing. It was the same guy.

~Daniel's POV~
Once my dad stuck the picture of this guy on the whiteboard, I saw Skylar's face go completely pale.
I saw she was playing around with a sunflower ring she has on her right hand.

I put my hand on her shoulder and she put her hand on top of mine.
"And I found out more about him." My mom said.
Then she started explaining.

"He was sent to jail for life. And he just recently escaped about 2 weeks ago and last the Chicago Police Department got a trace of him was here." She explained.

"What he do that made him go to jail for life?" Jason asked.
My mom looked through a file that she had.
"Says here that 3 years ago he was partnered with a man named Jared Jensen in a kidnapping involving 2 teenagers. A girl and a boy. It doesn't give me the girl's name but the boy's name was-" she was explaining, but Skylar cut her off.

~Skylar's POV~
"Cameron Severide." I told everyone.
They all looked at me confused.
"How do you know that?" A woman asked me.

I looked at Daniel and then at the photo of the guy.
"Because I was the girl involved in that kidnapping..." I explained.
Everyone kind of looked at me.
"There has to be some photos of the both of us in there." I told Julia. Knowing that there was. I've seen the file before.

Julia looked more through the file and found the photos I was talking about.
She looked at me and I nodded my head for her to show the others. I was the last one to get the photos. It was the cage, with blood all over the floor. Cameron and I on the floor, passed out. Our clothes covered in blood, our faces full of bruises and lacerations. Then there was a photo of the room where Jared raped me in.

I took a deep breath as I looked at them.
"He wants me... this guy must've gotten out and... he's trying to finish the job..." I said.
"What happened to Jared?" Diego asked me.
"My uncle... killed him..." I sniffled.
One of the women held out a tissue box.
"Thanks.." I said as I grabbed one and wiped my tears.

"You don't have to stay here if you don't want to..." Daniel whispered to me.
I shook my head.
"No... I want to help. It's better that he's here than back at Chicago... I don't want him near my family in Chicago.." I said.

"You want to help us find him?" Julia asked me.
I nodded my head and gave her back the photos.
"Yea..." I said. I could feel my heart beating so loud in my chest. "I'm sorry... I just... need a minute..." I said, going into the bathroom.

~Daniel's POV~
I could see Skylar's nerves going crazy. Her face went from completely pale to completely red in just 2 seconds. When she was talking, her voice was super shaky. Then she excused herself.

"I'm going to go see if she's ok..." I said.
"Yea, don't worry... we knew about what she went through... and we didn't even think about that..." my dad said.

I went to find Skylar. I looked in the lounge room. She wasn't there. Then I went into the bathroom and found her. She was pacing back and forth, running her fingers through her hair.

"Hey, hey..." I told her, grabbing her arms and stopping her from pacing.
She looked at me and she was crying.
"How-how did he get out? How does he know I-I moved here?? What is he gonna do when he finds me?" She was freaking out.

"It's ok... it's ok... we're going to find him." I told her.
I took her out to the lounge room.
"Listen it's ok...." I pulled her in.
"No, no is not ok... that-that guy. You don't- you don't what he's capable of..." she cried to me.

"Maybe I don't know him specifically, but I've dealt with guys like him... we'll find him and make sure he'll never touch you again..." I told her.
She looked at me and cried harder. She was having difficulty breathing.

She had one hand on her chest and one hand on my shoulder. She was having a panic attack.
"I can't... I can't breathe..." she said in shallow breaths.
"Come here... sit right here.." I told her.
I got her to sit down on the couch.

"Listen to me... just breathe..." I told her, picking up her chin so she would look at me.
She looked at me. Her breathing becoming more rapid.
"Just follow me...." I whispered to her.

I start taking some deep breaths and held her hands.
She eventually started to calm down a bit.
"We have to find him... please... we have to..." she was telling me. Her voice was so shaky that it barely got out.
"We will. Don't worry... this is a priority case. We're gonna drop everything and figure this out." I reassured her.

She stayed quiet for a minute before speaking up.
"I know a way to find him..." she said.
"How?" I asked her.
"Once we figure out an area he might be at... I can make myself look very similar to that day... he'll remember me.." She explained to me.

I thought about it for a second. And she was onto something. But it's super risky and dangerous.
"That would work... but are you sure?" I asked her.
She hesitated, but then she nodded her head.
"Yes..." she told me.

I wiped the tears on her face.
"Look at me... we're going to find him... and he'll be off the streets for good... hell... maybe I'll shoot him dead..." I laughed.
She chuckled too.

She laid her head on my chest and I leaned on the couch. I stroked her hair and put my other hand on the  back.

"Do you wanna go home?" I asked her.
She shook her head.
"No I just... need another minute to breathe... reset myself...." She told me.

I nodded my head and kissed the top of hers.
"Don't worry... you're safe.. no one will ever hurt you again." I whispered.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻