Chapter 28

-end of July-
~Skylar's POV~
I have given becoming a cop some thought. And I think I'm gonna do it. I've gave it a ton of thought and weighing out everything. I think it would be something I like. And Daniel said I would work with him in his unit. So we would be working together. I've been training more and more and we've been making the sessions harder and harder. And I've been getting insanely good.

Today, Daniel and I were going to pick up my carrying permit for my gun that I will need for my job. Throughout the last month, we've been working on getting me my gun permit and we got it about 2 weeks ago. But today, we're also going to get a gun itself.

I was getting ready. I just got out of the shower and got on an outfit. I was just wearing a cropped tank top, and black shorts. I put on some sneakers and curled my hair.

About 5 minutes after I was done, I got a call from Daniel.
I put it on speaker and answered it.
Skylar: hey baby, are you on your way?
Daniel: yea, I'm outside your place right now.
Skylar: Alright, I'm heading down now.

I got everything ready and went down to him.
"Hey beautiful." He kissed me.
"Hi baby." I smiled.
"You ready to get your carrying license? And a gun?" He asked me.
"Yea." I said.

We drove to the place.
We walked inside and a man came up to us at the counter.
"Hi, how can I help you?" He asked us.
"I'm here to pick up my carrying license for firearms. And I would like to purchase a gun too." I explained to him.

"Well... I can give you the carrying license. But you'll have to wait at least 2 weeks before I can sell you anything." He told me.
"What? But I already have my gun permit." I told him.
"Sorry, that's the rules." He told me.

I looked at Daniel.
"Ok, I'll just take the license then." I said.
"Ok, name?" He asked me.
"Skylar Severide." I told him.

"Can I see your ID and gun permit?" He asked me.
I gave him everything.
He took the stuff to the back.
Daniel looked at me.

"You know you don't really need to buy a guy right now." He told me.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"Once you become a cop, they give you a gun." He told me.
I didn't know that.

"Wait, really? I thought you had to buy your own." He told me.
He shook his head.
"Nope. Everyone at the district I work at has the same gun. Except for some our unit. They have some rifles and shotguns too." He said. He showed me his.

The guy came back and gave me my carrying license.
"Here you go. Have a good day." He told me.
"Thank you." Daniel and I said.

We went back to the car and Daniel smiled at me.
"You excited? One more step closer to becoming an officer." He smiled at me.
I smiled at him.
"Yea... I am.." I smiled.

He put his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm so proud of you, baby... you've been doing awesome... you're so close to becoming an officer..." he smiled at me.
I grabbed his hand.
"Thank you baby... I can't wait to be working with you soon.." I smiled.

"You excited for next week?" He asked me.
Next week, I'm gonna be in a class at the academy. I'll be there for a month. Then when I finish that, I'll be an officer.
"Yea.. I can't wait." I said.

We've been so ahead of the training that Daniel's been doing with me, that by the first week of September, I'll finally be an officer. Tomorrow, I'm actually going in with Daniel to his job to get a feel of what exactly the job is. And how his unit works.

"Ok, do you wanna head over to that restaurant for lunch?" Daniel asked.
"Yea sure." I said.
Then my phone rang. It was an unknown number.
I looked at it. I've had an unknown number keep calling me for the past few weeks now.

"Who's that?" Daniel asked me.
"It's just an unknown number, I've had one calling me for a few weeks now.." I said.
"Is it the same one?" He asked me.

I looked at my recent calls and it was the same number.
"Yea... it's probably just one of those spam things though.." I said, turning off my phone.

After we finished lunch, we headed back to my place.
We went up the elevator and walked down the hallway.
"So... is there anything specific you want me to wear tomorrow?" I asked Daniel.
"Um... just some jeans... a shirt and jacket. Oh and some boots. Like the ones you wear to the range." He explained.
"Ok." I said.

We got closer to my door and noticed a paper on my door.
"What is that?" Daniel asked.
I walked up to the door and saw the paper.
"It's... an eviction notice..." I said.
I looked at Daniel, confused.

"What?" He asked me.
I showed him the paper.
"What the hell? Did you pay your rent this month?" He asked me.
"Yea, I always pay it on time." I said.

We walked inside my place and I put my stuff on the kitchen counter. I kept looking at the paper.
"This doesn't make sense..." I said.
"Well, maybe talk to your landlord... maybe your rent check got lost some how.." he said.

"That can't be it, the money was taken out of my account a few days after I deposited it into his mailbox.  Just like it always is." I explained.
Daniel thought for a moment.
"I'm not sure then... what if you talk to your landlord?" He asked me.

"Yea, I'm gonna have to..." I said.
I looked back at the paper and sighed. I ran my fingers through my hair and rubbed my face.
"Hey, relax... I'm sure this was just some type of mistake." Daniel told me. He put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him and sighed.
"We don't know that..." I said.
Then we heard some noise. It was like something fell.
"What was that?" Daniel asked.

"I'm not sure..." I said.
Then we saw two men walk out of my bedroom.
"You're a very hard person to find..."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻