Chapter 60

~Skylar's POV~
My heart sank.
"Is- is he ok?" I asked the person on the phone.
"I'm not too sure right now. But you are his emergency contact. So you will have to come right away." They told me.
"Ok, ok yes I'll be there right now!" I said.

I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse, keys, and a jacket and ran out of the house and to my car.
I drove to the hospital.

Once I got there, I ran inside and immediately saw everyone from work.
"Hey, what the hell happened? When did this happen?" I asked them, panicking.
Then Dr. Wilson came.

"Mrs. Quinn?" He asked.
I turned around.
"Yes? How's Daniel?" I asked him.
"Follow me." He said.

He led me to a room. When I opened the curtain, Daniel was there on the gurney. He didn't even look conscious.
"Baby? Baby? Can you hear me?" I asked him, going over to him.
"No, he can't right now." Dr. Wilson told me.
"What happened?" I asked him again.

"From what his team told me, they were chasing someone and Daniel was hit by a car." He said.
"What? Was he in a car as well or hit directly?" I asked him.
"He was in a car, however, he was hit on the driver's side and he was the one driving." He explained.

"Is he ok?" I asked him.
"Yes, fortunately, he only has external injuries. Just some bumps and bruises, but nothing severe. He'll just be sore." He explained.
"Ok, but why is he unconscious?" I asked him.
"He was knocked unconscious in the crash, he woke up here, but soon passed out again due to injuries." He explained.

"But he's ok? He'll wake up soon?" I asked him.
"Yes, the only thing is that I cannot tell you when he would wake up." He told me.
I nodded my head.
He left the room.

I looked at Daniel. He only had a small cut on his cheek. I grabbed his hand and stroked it.
I sat down on the chair next to his gurney and I started tearing up.
"Baby... can you hear me?" I asked him.
I just looked at his lifeless body.

I stroked his hair.
Then Liz came in.
"Hey Sky..." she told me.
"Hey... how did this happen?" I asked her.
"We don't even know... we finally found the guy and we were chasing him in the cars. Daniel was the front car. We were so close to catching him and then he guy quickly turned around and hit Daniel's car and drove off." She explained.

"He was passed out when you guys got to his car?" I asked her.
She didn't say anything, but then nodded her head.
I started crying more.
"I'm sorry..." she said.
She had her hand on my shoulder, but when I started crying more, she pulled me up and into her chest.

"Hey.. it's ok... he's going to be ok..." she whispered to me.
"Yea.. you know who else they said that for? My brother..." I basically snapped at her. But I didn't mean to.
I looked at her.
"I'm sorry..." I told her.
She shook her head and wiped some tears off my face.
"It's ok.. you're just stressed out right now... I would be too." She said.

-30 minutes later-
Half an hour later, almost everyone went home because it was starting to get a bit late. The only ones still here were Liz, Kyle, Diego, and Julia.
I just stayed at the chair next to Daniel's gurney. I kept staring at him and his monitors. And I couldn't stop tearing up.

This was something relatively minor that happened to him. But what about something bigger? And now I'm pregnant. We'll have a family soon. What will happen then? What if something happens and I have to be a single mom? I can't do that.

All of a sudden, I heard some noise from Daniel. I looked up and saw him move a little.
"Babe?" I asked him.
He groaned and moved a bit. Then he opened his eyes and looked around.
"Where am I?" He groaned.

"Oh my god, baby..." I cried and laughed.
"What happened?" He rubbed his eyes and sat up a bit, but then held his left side.
"Easy..." I told him.
He looked at me and then looked around.

"Wait... I remember now..." he said.
"Are you ok?" I asked him.
He nodded his head, but kept his hand on his side.
"I should go get someone." I said, getting up.
"Wait." He said, grabbing my hand.

I stopped and sat back down.
"What?" I asked him.
"How'd you know I was here?" He asked me.
"They called me. The hospital. I'm your emergency contact." I said.
He nodded his head and laughed that he forgot.

"Oh yeah, you're my wife after all..." he said.
"Let me go tell someone you're awake." I said.
He nodded his head.

-2 hours later-
Daniel got a bunch of tests done and long story short, he's ok. The doctors cleared him to go to work in 3 days, which is the next time we have a shift.
We left WFG and we're finally going home.

I drove us home and right when we walked upstairs, I just felt so bad. My whole body was like dead and just nauseated. I completely forgot I was pregnant just now. And I also forgot about the whole surprise? Should I even tell him now?

Daniel was surprisingly fine. He was given some pain meds to help him with the pain, but he was completely fine. Thank god.

We opened the door to the apartment and Daniel and I both laid down on the couch.
"How'd you feel today?" He asked me.
I looked at him.
"Don't worry about me right now... I wanna know how you're doing." I told him.

He smiled and stroked my hair.
"I'll never stop worrying about you..." he chuckled.
I looked at him and I thought about it for a second.
"Give me a second.. I'll be right back... but cover your eyes." I told him.
"Why?" He laughed.

"It's a surprise.. please?" I asked him.
He hesitated and laughed, but did it.
I went into our room where the basket was.
I grabbed everything and took off my jacket.
I went out with the basket to the living room and set it on the coffee table.

"You can open your eyes now." I told him.
He opened them and was confused.
"What... is this?" He asked.
"Just look through it." I smiled. He didn't even look up at me.

He looked through and saw everything.
He eyes lit up and he looked at me.
"Baby... don't.. don't play with me.." he said.
I started tearing up and nodded my head.
"We're pregnant..." I struggled to say because I my voice broke.

He smiled and pulled me on his lap and kissed me.
"For real?" He asked.
I nodded my head and laughed.
"We're gonna be parents..." I smiled.

"When did you find out?" He asked me.
"Yesterday while you were making the soup... and then I spent today getting everything." I explained.
He ran his fingers through my hair and starting laughed a bit under his breath. I also saw some tears fall.

I picked up his face and wiped the tears.
"I just... can't believe it..." he said.
"Well you better believe.. because soon, we'll have a little boy or girl..." I smiled.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻