Chapter 74

-Mid January-
-4 weeks later-
-Skylar is 34 weeks-
~Skylar's POV~
Daniel is basically fully healed from his surgery. Today we have a baby appointment. He couldn't come to my last one because he was still in pain from the surgery. He insisted on coming, but I didn't want him to strain his body. Last baby appointment, I was told that our daughter's heart rate didn't worsen, or get better.

I woke up to some noise and I got startled awake.
I looked around the room. Daniel was still in bed, so I was confused. I sunk back into the bed, then I heard another noise. I sat up in the bed and rubbed my eyes.

I got up and went out to the main area and saw Maxx in the kitchen.
"Hey, what are you doing?" I yawned.
"I'm going out with some friends. We're taking a drive over to Santa Cruz. We'll be back later tonight." He said.

"I don't think you ever told me about this." I told him.
"I did yesterday. We'll be careful." He said.
He doesn't have school today, so I just decided to let him go.
"Alright, try to be back before Midnight though." I told him.
"That I can promise." He chuckled.
"Just be careful. I don't need you needing surgery too.." I chuckled.

"You have an appointment today right?" He asked me, pointing to his niece.
"Yea, and then Daniel and I are meeting up with Liz and Kyle at their place for I think like a lunch type thing." I told him.
"Let me know what the doctor says later tonight." He told me.

I chuckled. It's nice that he cares so much about his future niece.
"Yea sure thing. When do you leave?" I asked him.
Then he phone buzzed.
"Right now. I'll see you later." He said.

I went back into the bedroom and saw Daniel awake.
"Hey, how come you're up so early?" He yawned.
"What time even is it?" I asked him.
"Uh... 7:15." He said, showing me his phone.
"Really.. damn.." I yawned.

I went back into bed and he wrapped his arms around me.
"Why are you awake so early?" He asked me
"Woke up to some noise and Maxx was heading out with his friends to Santa Cruz. Apparently he told us yesterday, I don't remember." I said.

"Yea, you don't? He asked us permission, we said yes, and he asked for some money too. Then I gave him $100 bucks. You don't remember any of that?" He asked me.
I thought about it and shook my head.
"I don't.. think so..." I said.

He looked at me and moved the hair out of my face.
"Well, you have been a bit forgetful lately..." he chuckled.
I chuckled a bit too.
"I think I'm gonna start writing everything that happened throughout the day on my arm." I laughed.

I didn't worry to much about these memory lapses. Lia told me she had major memory loss during her pregnancy with Julia. So I'm just guessing it's normal.

After laying around in bed for probably another hour, we got up, ate breakfast, and started getting ready for the baby appointment. Once I was ready, Daniel was getting out of the shower, so I went to our daughter's nursery.

I walked around it and I was looking at her crib. I washed all her clothes, blankets, and sheets last week. So everything is officially all ready for her arrival. Hopefully, it's not for at least for another 4 weeks.

I felt a familiar feeling on my waist. I turned my head saw Daniel there and smiled.
"Hey." I smiled, giving him a kiss.
"Hey... we gotta go in like half an hour. You ready?" He asked me.
I nodded my head.

I turned around and immediately was hit with a dizzy wave and lost my balance. Daniel grabbed me by both my arms and picked up my face.
"Hey... easy..." he told me.
As soon as the wave hit me, my vision went blurry and my whole body sort of shut off for a second, like how it almost always does. Once so started getting my vision and feeling back in my body, I put my hands on my stomach and ribs, feeling around for our daughter's kicks.