Chapter 81

~Skylar's POV~
"Let's go surprise them..." I nervously said.
We got everything ready and left the hotel room. We got down to the car, got the GPS on and headed to over to my moms' house.

"How do you think they'll react?" Maxx asked me.
"I hope... surprised, excited... I don't know..." I said.
"Do they know we're coming over?" He asked me.
"They know that we're in Chicago, but not that we're coming over right now." I explained.

As we made the turn to go onto the street, we started trying to figure out how we wanted to do this.
"Ok, how is this going to go?" Daniel asked.
"What if you stay in the car, while Sky and I go inside, and then you come in with her in her car seat like 5 minutes?" Maxx suggested.
I looked at Daniel.
"That's not... too bad of an idea." I said.
"I could do that." Daniel said.

We came up to the house and Maxx and I both looked at each other. We were both nervous.
"Now or never.." Maxx said as he opened his door.
Daniel squeezed my hand and I looked at him.
He gave me a quick kiss.
"I'll see you inside." He told me.

I nervously smiled and got out of the car.
Maxx and I went up to the front door of the house and knocked on the door. The door opened and we saw Scarlett. Her eyes lit up and she hugged us both.

"Hey Scarley, how've you been?" I smiled.
"Honey, who's at the door?" We heard Mom.
She appeared in the door and smiled when she saw us.
"Oh my god, I didn't expect you guys to be here already." She smiled.

We went inside.
"How've you guys been?" She asked us.
"Good, we've been good..." I said.
"Where's Ma?" Maxx asked her.
"She's upstairs. Babe!" Mom called out to her.
Ma came and surprised to see us.

"Hey you two. It's been a while." She smiled.
Then I got a text on my phone and it was Daniel.
He was asking if he could come in now. I showed Maxx the text and he nodded his head.
"Where's Daniel? I thought the three of you were coming to Chicago?" Mom asked.

Then the front door opened.
I told my moms not to look at the front door. Then Daniel came over and sat next to me on the couch. He came over with Gracie in the car seat.

Then they noticed and both looked at us. I got Gracie out of her car seat and smiled down at her.
"Hi sweetheart..." I whispered as she started cooing and making some noises as she was waking up from her nap.
I smiled up at my moms, who both were sitting there, eyes wide and jaws open.

"Surprise..." I nervously chuckled and showed her to them.
"Oh my god... when- when did this happen? Why didn't you tell us?" Mom asked.
"We wanted to surprise you... she's 2 weeks old today." I smiled.

"Can I hold her?" Ma asked.
I nodded my head and handed her over.
They both looked at her in awe.
"I can't believe this. How long did you guys try for?" Mom asked.
"Uh about... 8 months." I said.

"Was everything ok? Your pregnancy? Birth?" Ma asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders and nodded my head.
"It wasn't too bad. There were some complications, but then once she was born, she was completely fine. Her birth was long and hectic, but, she's ok." I said.

"What was wrong? During the pregnancy?" Mom asked.
I looked at Gracie in their arms.
"Uh... her heart rate was irregular and the OB tried to convince us to terminate her... but... as far as we know... she's completely fine." I smiled.

"What's her name?" Ma asked me.
I smiled. "Gracelyn Elizabeth Quinn."
They both smiled.

We stayed at their place for basically the whole day until about 7pm because Gracie was getting really fussy since it was 9pm LA time and she usually goes to bed at 8pm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked out to the living room. "I finally got her to sleep." I laid next to Daniel on the couch.
He smiled and wrapped his arm around me, kissing the top of my head. "Did you like seeing your parents again?"

I looked at him and then smiled and nodded my head. "Yea... I did."
He gave me a kiss and then had our forehead touch each other. "I'm glad... I love you."
I smiled. "I love you too."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻