Chapter 9

-mid January-
-2 weeks later-
It's been weeks since I first saw Daniel. According to everyone, he's been coming in every single day, asking for me. But I don't work everyday, so they say he gets a little sad when I'm not there. But every-time he comes, we always talk for like 10-15 minutes.

I was on my break right now at the coffee shop. I just finished eating my lunch and I still had about 20 minutes left of my break. I was on my laptop, doing some stuff for school, when Garrett, another co-worker came in.

"Hey Skylar, that guy is here." He told me.
"Ok, I'll be right out." I told him.
"Are you two ever gonna go on a date?" Lyla asked me.
"Shut up. We're just friends." I laughed, knowing very well, that's most likely not true.
"Ok then." She laughed.

I went out and saw Daniel.
"Hey stranger." I chuckled when I saw him.
"Hey, you have a minute?" He asked. Motioning his head to a table.
"Yea sure. I got like 15 minutes." I told him. I took off my apron off and went over to him.

"What's up?" I asked him, sitting down at the table with him.
"So... I have these tickets to DisneyLand and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me..." he asked, showing me the tickets.
I was surprised, but smiled at him.
"Uh, yea sure. When?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow?" He asked.
I chuckled.
"Sure, why not?" I said.
"Ok great. You wanna exchange numbers incase of anything?" He asked.
"Yea sure." I said.

We exchanged numbers.
"So, what time should we meet up?" I asked him.
"You want me to head over to your place and pick you up?" He asked.
"Sure, I'll text you my address." I told him.
"Ok, what time works for you?" He asked.

"What time were you thinking?" He asked.
"8am? We could get breakfast in the parks?" He said.
"Yea ok. That works for me. I've never been to DisneyLand. I've been to Disney World though, but that was years ago." I said.

"Well, I have to run now. But see you tomorrow." He smiled.
"See ya." I smiled.

He left and I went back to the break room to get ready to go back to work.
"What did you guys talk about this time?" Lyla laughed.
"He asked if I wanted to go to Disney with him. And I agreed. We even exchanged numbers." I giggled, showing her the ticket.

"Oh my god! I swear if you guys don't last!" She squealed.
"It's still early. We've only been talking for like 2 weeks and we technically aren't even dating yet." I said.
"Girl. Come on, he just invited you on a date!" She said.
"Let's see." I laughed.

-next morning-
I got dressed in leggings and a Disney shirt. It was a simple sort of dark pink cropped shirt with a black Mickey Mouse silhouette. I got my sunglasses and did my makeup natural, with some false lashes and put on gold jewelry. And the sunflower necklace that I never have taken off. I put on my white sneakers and grabbed my purse. It was a little crossbody bag that was all back with an sunflower embroidered on the front, with a "C" in the middle of the flower. My hair was straight, with a little bit of waves in them.

At 7:55am, I got a text from Daniel.
"Hey, I'm outside."
I texted him back.
"Ok, be now in a minute."

I made sure I was all ready and headed down.
I found his car right out my apartment building and he was standing outside his car, leaning on the passenger side.
"Hey, you look beautiful." He smiled.
"Thanks, you look nice too." I said.

He was just wearing dark blue jeans, with a light blue shirt, a black jacket, and Black sneakers.
"It's freezing, you sure you don't want a jacket?" He laughed.
I chuckled and shook my head.

"I grew up in Chicago, remember?" I told him. Even though I've lived in California for over a year now, my body's still on Chicago weather, so I'm almost never cold even on the coldest days out.
He laughed and shook his head.
"Yea, I forgot." He said.