Chapter 33

~Daniel's POV~
I walked into the lounge room and saw Skylar sitting on the couch, playing around with a piece of paper. She was so zoned out that she didn't even notice me come in until I was right beside her.

"Hey babe?" I put my hand on her shoulder.
She jumped.
"Woah, relax. It's just me..." I told her. She looked at me.
"Sorry... I didn't even see you come in..." she said.

"What is that?" I asked her, referring to the paper in her hands.
She looked at the paper. It was a drawing, but I couldn't tell from the angle I was at.

She showed me the paper. It was a drawing of a sunflower.
"I made this while I was in the psych ward..." she told me.
I didn't ask anymore it because I know it's a hard topic for her. So I just sat next to her on the couch and she laid her head on my chest as she kept looking at the drawing.

"What did you come in here for? Did you guys find something?" She mumbled.
"Oh yea.. we did. This guy is supposed to be in downtown LA at 2. So we have to go to a store now." I told her.

~Skylar's POV~
Once Daniel told me that, I didn't believe him at first.
"You're joking..." I told him.
He sort of chuckled and shook his head.
"No. We're actually so much closer to getting this guy now." He told me.

I tried to smile, but I was scared. Realizing that I'm gonna have to face this guy again.
"We're going to the store now?" I asked him.
"Yea... do you... remember what you were wearing that day?" He asked me.

I almost immediately nodded my head. Of course I remembered what I was wearing, sure the clothes were completely covered in dried blood, but I won't forget.
"Yea... I have.. pictures of him and I that day..." I said.
I looked through my camera roll and found them.

I was wearing black leggings, a grey, oversized navy pier sweatshirt, and light purple crocs. My hair was also in two Dutch braids. My makeup was a little bit of a lot, but I remember that I loved my makeup that day.

"We're not gonna be able to find a sweatshirt like that, but we could find something like that." He told me.
"Ok... where would we go to find all this stuff though? Would we be trying to get this outfit directly?" I asked him.

"Not necessarily, just something similar so that way he would remember you." He explained.
"Where would we go?" I asked him.
"Probably just like a target. Liz will come with us. We'll be on the look out. Don't worry..." Daniel told me.

I looked at him and nodded my head.
"Target opens soon. So we're about to head over." He told me.
I quietly nodded my head.
"How- how did you guys... find his plan?" I asked, curious.

"Nick, our technology guy. He got a recording that Eric sent someone." He explained to me.
"Who was the other person? He's working with someone else now?" I asked.
"That's what we're thinking." He told me.

~Daniel's POV~
Once I explained everything to Skylar, she looked relieved that we were getting closer to catching this guy, but scared because she knows that she has to face him now. We were both sitting down on the couch and I saw her bouncing her leg up and down, which is what she does when she's really nervous.

I put my hand on her leg to stop her.
She looked at me and leaned her on head my chest.
"Are you ok?" I asked her, knowing the answer I would get back.
She shrugged her shoulders like she does every-time.

"I'm just... exhausted..." she sighed.
I kissed the top of her head.
"Yea... I know you are... don't worry.. this guy is gonna get put away soon..." I told her.
The lack of sleep has really been affecting her lately.

I stroked her hair and she closed her eyes.
I knew we had to go to target, but she's finally asleep now. I knew she needed it.
"Hey, are we going t-" Liz came in, but stopped when she saw us.

She made a face like "ooh, I'm sorry".
"She's asleep?" She whispered.
I nodded my head.
She nodded her head.
"I'll be back in... 10-15 minutes?" She asked.
I nodded my head. And held up my phone to tell her that way we could just communicate over text.

She nodded her head and gave me a thumbs up. She pointed at her phone and left the room.
Just a few seconds later, I saw she texted me.

Liz: Are we still leaving soon?
Daniel: yes, I just want her to sleep for a bit. Let's give her like 10 minutes.
Liz: alright. But we do have to leave soon. We have to get everything ready too.
Daniel: yes I know.

After about 10 minutes, I didn't want to wake up Skylar, but time was ticking and we need to get the the store.

I slowly woke up Skylar. She slowly woke up as was confused at her where she was.
"Where am I?" She asked, then she looked around and realized.
"The district. We have to go to target now to get the outfit." I told her.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned.
"Ok... yea, let's go..." she said, sitting up.
She stood and and immediately almost fell, but I caught her.
"Woah, hey... are you ok?" I asked her.
She sleepily nodded her head and rubbed her face.

"Yea... I just.. stood up too fast..." she said.
I sat her back down on the couch.
"You have to eat something..." I told her.
She half opened her eyes to look at me. Then she looked around the room.

"I'll... I'll have some coffee..." she said.
I poured her a cup in a to go cup and gave it to her.
We have to leave to the store now, so we left. Liz drove, I was in the passenger seat, and Sky was in the back.

Once we got to the store, Sky was hesitant to get out of the car.
"Hey it's ok... you have 2 cops with you.. and you're gonna be one soon too." I told her.
It took some convincing, but we finally got Skylar out of the car.

We walked in the store, grabbed a cart, and headed to the clothes section. We looked around and we found the leggings.
"What size are you?" Liz asked Sky, going through the leggings.
"Uh... Medium." Sky told her, looking at the shirts.

Liz looked at the photo of Sky.
"It's the middle of August.. are we sure that we want her in a hoodie?" She asked me.
I didn't think about that.
"You have a point.." I told her.

"Hey babe?" I called out to Sky. I looked up, but didn't see her there.
"What the hell?" I said. Liz looked around and didn't see her either. Which was weird because she won't even be 10 ft away from me without me in her sight.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻