Chapter 48

-End of November-
~Skylar's POV~
Our wedding is in 2 weeks.
Daniel and I are so excited, but nervous. We aren't having a big wedding or even a big honeymoon.
Our wedding is in this nice venue here in Los Angeles, and then our Honeymoon is at Oakland.

We're inviting my family, Daniel's, the district we work at, and the firehouse from Chicago. My bridesmaid are my moms, Scarlett, Liz, and Lia. Daniel's groomsmen are his father, Maxx, Jayden, Kyle, and David.

But there's a problem, not everything is done. We haven't figured out the food that's being served, the drinks, the flowers, the cake, and the marriage license.

We were getting ready to go to work.
I was at my dresser, getting some clothes after taking a shower. We were running late for work. It was already 6:10, and we leave at 6:30.

"Hey baby..." I felt Daniel back my waist from behind as I was getting clothes. He kissed my neck.
I quickly grabbed the clothes and turned around.
"Hi baby, I'm sorry, but I still need to get dressed and do my hair." I told him, stressed.

"Woah, woah, relax. I can get us to work fast." He chuckled.
"Without speeding?" I asked him.
He sort of moved his head like "eh".
I quickly got dressed. And now I was trying to do my hair.

I was trying to braid my hair, but I kept messing up.
"Damn it!" I groaned after messing up for the 5th time on just the 1st braid. I've been trying to do this for 10 minutes already, we need to leave in 5. I hit the dresser in frustration.
"Babe relax." Danny told me.

"No, I'm not going to relax! There's still so much we have to get done for the wedding in like zero time! The marriage license, the food, the drinks, so much! And mixed with work?! It's just so stressful!" I cried to him.

He just pulled me in.
"It's ok... it's ok, we'll get this all done..." I whispered.
"And if we don't?" I asked him, looking up at him.
He moved the hair out of my face and stroked my hair
"It doesn't matter... I don't care about the wedding... I just care about spending the rest of my life with you..." he told me, smiling down at me and giving me a kiss.
I took a deep breath and smiled up at him.

I nodded my head.
"Ok... you're right... I can't wait..." I smiled.
"We'll figure everything out, let's just get to work, be distracted for a bit, then we'll go right back to getting everything done." He told me.
I nodded my head.

I looked at my hair and the time. We were already late. It was almost 640.
I quickly just fixed my hair up and we were out the door.
"My god we're gonna be so late..." I groaned when we saw the time in the car.

We got to the district at 7:15.
"Hey, you two are late." Julia said.
"Yea sorry. Hectic morning." Daniel said.

"There you two are, we need you two on this new case." Diego said.
"Ok, what is it?" I asked.
"There's been reports in Orange County High about kid's potentially selling drugs. So Liz, Kyle, Daniel, and Skylar, you 4 will be undercover." Julia explained.

"Ok... how exactly will this work?" I asked.
Diego gave us each a paper and a backpack.
"There are your new identities for the day. You are all transfer students. And the teachers will be aware of this. Skylar. You are now Addison Blake. You just came from Chicago. Liz, you will be Maya Patterson, you just moved from Boston, Massachusetts. Daniel, you are now Jacob Franklin, who just moved from Austin, Texas. And Kyle, you will be Mateo Gabriel, you just moved from New York." Diego explained.

"You are all going to be seniors. The paper is a Schedule for you each to follow. Just go about your day as if you are normal high schoolers. Maybe try and participate in class to blend in. But observe and keep and eye out, talk to the other kids, try and see if any of them will spill. You will each, like always, have an ear piece, wire, and tracker." Julia explained.
"Do we have to change?" Liz asked.

"Yes, we already have clothes for you guys." Garret said, giving them to us.
Liz and I each got leggings, a hoodie, and boots. Kyle and Danny each got sweatpants, a hoodie, sneakers.
"Each of your bags have a notebook, a folder, a pencil case, just some basic school stuff." Julia explained.

We all got changed, and prepared.
"Ok, we'll take you guys to the school now, we'll all be outside in the van, listening in." Diego said.
"So we're all going to be like new students right?" I asked.
"Yes exactly. Now we have to go because we have to meet up with some of the staff." Julia said.

We all drove to the school.
"The fact that we all do look like seniors." Kyle laughed.
"This is how I always dressed when I was in high-school." Liz laughed.
I looked at the schedule in my hand.

"Do any of us have classes together?" I asked.
We all compared our schedules. Liz and I had Biology and accounting together. Danny and I had Algebra together. Kyle and I had English together. They had some classes together too.

We got to the school we met up with someone that I'm assuming is the principal.
"Hello, thank you guys for doing this." He shook our hands.
"Yea of course." I said.

"One thing that I ask for you guys is, that you please take off your guns. Just in case." He explained.
"What about for safety?" Kyle asked.
"Don't worry, we have some security guards throughout the school. You guys will be safe." He told us.

We were hesitant but we gave our guns to Diego and Julia.
"You guys can keep your badges, just out of sight." Diego told us.
We nodded our heads.

It was 750 now.
"Ok, the students will start coming in now. All the 100s classrooms are on this first floor, 200s second, and 300s, first." He explained.

We were then let into the school.
We made our ways to our first classes.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻