Chapter 41

~Skylar's POV~
I slowly opened my eyes and felt Daniel holding my hand. Once I opened my eyes, I saw him there.
"Hi baby..." I said.

He looked up at me.
"Hey babe... you're ok..." he smiled.
"Yea.. I am.. don't worry." I told him.
"You scared me so much..." he said.

I let him lean his head on my shoulder as I stroked his hair and kissed his head.
"I'm ok... don't worry." I told him.
"I'll get a doctor. They'll want to know you're awake." He said, leaving the room.

Then he came back in with a doctor.
"Hey Skylar, you gave us a scare there." The doctor chuckled.
"Uh yea... didn't really mean to." I sort of laughed.
"Well, we got your records sent over from Gaffney ?Chicago Medical Center. You don't have any conditions that could've caused you to just pass out?" She asked me.

"Not that I know of." I told her.
"Ok well, I want to run a set of labs and tests just to be on the safe side." She told me. I looked at Daniel.
"Do I really need to? I really don't like hospitals? I feel fine." I asked him.
"Baby, you it's better if you stay here do they can check you." He told me.

But I honestly did not want to stay here. I don't like hospitals. Especially after the kidnapping and being in the psych ward for months, I don't like hospitals.
"Can I just leave against medical advice? I promise I'm fine.." I said, sitting up, trying to get out of the bed, but I immediately almost passed out. Daniel caught me.

"Woah babe! See... let Avery check you." He told me. I guess the doctor's name was Avery.
He laid me back down on the gurney and nodded his head at the doctor.
Then she started ordering a bunch of tests and labs.

I was back in the room now, we were waiting on the results from everything.
"Hey babe?" I asked Daniel.
"Yea?" He asked me.
"Where's Jay and Julia?" I asked him.
"At the district. Don't worry." He told me.
"Has David texted you back?" I asked him.

"No, not yet. Don't worry, when we leave here, we'll all go back home and just relax.." he stroked my hair and smiled at me.
I wanted to say something, but I was so tired. From all the stress from today, my body is just overworked.
I just nodded my head.

Then Dr. Kean came in with 2 other Doctors.
"Alright Skylar, I have Dr. Gates here with me. He's our head of neurology. I just want him to do a quick evaluation on you." She told me.
I looked at Dr. Gates and at the other Doctor, who she didn't mention.

But I then turned my focus back to Dr. Gates.
"Yea.. sure. Whatever gets me out of here faster." I said.
"Ok Skylar. Can you please sit up for me?" He asked.
I did what he said.
He held out his hands.
"Can you squeeze both my hands?" He asked me.
I did.

After I was done with that exam, Dr. Kean introduced me to the other Doctor. I didn't know her name, but I already knew what she was.
"Ok Skylar, and this is Dr. Anderson, she's our-" but before Dr. Kean could finish, I stopped her.
"A shrink. You think that given my past, I need to see a shrink." I told them, with a bit of an attitude.

"Babe, let them do their job..." Daniel whispered to me.
I looked at him, then back at the Doctors and let them finish.
"Like I said... this is Dr. Anderson. She's our head of psychology. And she spoke with Dr. Charles, your
therapist?" She asked me.

"Yea, he was... I haven't spoken to him in like 4 years though." I told him.
"Well, I spoke to him and he explained everything and I would like for us two to just.. talk about everything.. if that's ok?" Dr. Anderson asked me.
I looked at her and shook my head.

"That's what got me in here in the first place. Being questioned about my past." I said.
"Don't worry, this is a safer environment and you're hooked up to monitors here. I'll be able to monitor your heart rate and blood pressure as we talk." She told me.

I didn't want to agree, but I just did. I just wanted to get out of here and go home.
Dr. Anderson started questioning me.
He was asking me all the same questions that I got asked in the psych ward. I answered them, and held Daniel's hand the whole time to keep myself calm, squeezing it every time I was talking about something that really haunts me.

After she was done, I was finally ready to go home.
"Ok Skylar, here are your discharge papers. I'm keeping you off of work for a few days. Just to allow yourself to relax, and de-stress from this day." Dr. Anderson told me.
I sighed when she told me I couldn't be at work, but I took the papers and signed them.

"Alright, stay safe you two." She smiled at us.
"Thanks Lexi." Daniel said.
I gave her the papers and she left the room.

I looked at Daniel.
"Come on.. let's go get Jay and Julia and go home. We can watch a movie or something.." he said. It was so late already.
"Has David texted you back?" I asked him.
"Not yet, but it's ok. We'll go home, and just have a fun weekend with them here in LA." He told me.

I nodded my head.
"Come on, let's go get them and go home." He told me.
We got in the car and drove to the district.
We picked up Jay and Julia, it was literally about to be midnight.

We went back to our place and put them to sleep in the guest room.
Then Daniel and I were laying in our bed together.
He was stroking my hair as I was just looking into his eyes.
"I'm sorry about today..." I told him.

"Baby... you don't have anything to be sorry about. None of this was your fault.." he told me.
"But it is, I killed that guy..." I said.
"Listen, you didn't kill him on purpose. It was a defense mechanism... don't worry about it anymore. We'll get everything straightened out.... Let's just... take a break and just relax..." he told me.

He kissed my forehead, and then I kissed his lips.
"I love you..." I told him.
"I love you most." He smiled.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻