Chapter 11

-next morning-
-3am-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up, well, I haven't really slept. But I finally got out of bed at 3am to get ready to go to the airport.
I got dressed in thick leggings, and a sweater. I also had a jacket since it shows that it's snowing in Chicago.

At 4am, Daniel showed up.
"Hey.. does your family know about us? Or the fact that I'm even going there?" He asked me.

I shook my head.
"No... I don't think they would mind though... my brother and sister might be tease us.. but I don't think they would mind..." I explained.

"What are you parents like anyway? You said you come from a firefighter and emt family. What are they?" He asked me.
"One of my moms in a firefighter, and the other one is a paramedic." I said. He doesn't know I have 2 moms, this was the first time I told him.

"Oh, I didn't know you had two moms." He chuckled.
"Yea I do." I chuckled.
"You already ordered the Uber right?" He asked me.
I nodded my head.
"Yea, the app says they should be here in 5 minutes." I said.

"Does your family know we're going there?" He asked me. I shook my head.
No one knows I'm going. I want to surprise them. Have one good thing happen during this hard time. I
Surprise visit with the people I love, even if one less person is there.

He stroked my hair and moved it out of my face so he could see me. He picked up my chin to see my face.
"Have you slept?" He asked me. I sighed and shook my head.

"No it's just... everything just hit me like a train... the realization... the guilt for forgetting until my mom called me...." I said, getting some tears in my eyes.
He got a napkin and wiped my tears.

"It's ok... I understand how difficult this probably is for you right now..." He told me, as we hugged and I rested my head on his shoulder.
Then I notification on my phone.
"Uber's here..." I sniffled, looking at my phone.

Daniel and I each had one luggage, plus I had my purse and he had a book bag.
We got to the airport.
The airport was very empty. It seemed like it was a ghost town.

Once we got to the gate, everything was just now opening back up. It was now almost 6:30am.
"Hey, let's get some coffee before we board..." I yawned when I saw a Starbucks.
"Sure thing." Daniel chuckled.

We ordered our coffee and sat by the gate.
"Hey... I know we've only been dating for 2 weeks now... but.. do you think your family will have a problem or think it's weird that I'm over there? I mean I want to be here for you... but I'm worried they might not like me..." Daniel asked me.

"I'm not really sure... but... why don't we say we've been dating for a month, I mean, come on, you came in the coffee shop everyday for the first 2 weeks we met. Asking for me everyday. And then the days I was there, we would sit, flirt, and just talk for like 10-15 minutes. Then you finally took me out on an actual date... and here we are 2 weeks later." I chuckled.

"Ok... yea... a month.. ok... man... you know I told my family a little bit about you.. and they thought we were rushing this... but... I don't know... you just... seem different.." he smiled.
I smiled at him.

"I feel the same way... and also... one more little thing, no one kinda knows about you.... Neither my family.. or my therapist.." I chuckled.
He laughed.
"Well... they're about to find out.." he laughed.

"Flight S9395J2 to Chicago will start boarding now." We heard some lady at the gate announce.
Daniel and I got on the plane and we both passed out almost immediately after the plane took off.

We landed in Chicago at noon LA time, but in Chicago, it's 10am. We got through baggage claim and we're now waiting outside for someone to bring us our rental car. It was cold, but it was just how I remembered it. I could tell Daniel was freezing.