Chapter 65

-beginning of November-
-Skylar is now 20 weeks-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to some noise. I slowly opened my eyes and I didn't see anyone there. Not even Daniel was in bed. I looked at the time and it was 4am. I got up and went to the main area and saw him at the island.

"Babe.. what are you doing awake so early?" I asked him.
He looked at me.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He kissed me.
"No it's fine, but why are you awake so early?" I asked him.

He pointed at some files he had.
"Remember these files that got sent here? I couldn't stop thinking about them." He said.
We got a box of files delivered to us about this car we're working on. We didn't go to work yesterday because I had an appointment and it was right in the middle of our shift.

I picked up his face to divert his attention and kissed him.
"Come on, it's 4am, let's go back to bed. We have a long day today." I told him.
He nodded his head and left the files and got up.
"You're right.." he said.
And we went back to bed.

We woke up a few hours later at around 8:30am.
Today, we're going to buy some stuff for our little girl that's on the way. We figured out what room we want to use, now we just need to get everything. Furniture, clothes, paint for the walls, toys, everything you could think of, we need to get.

~Daniel's POV~
We were getting ready to go out today. I was already dressed and ready and left Sky in the room to get ready herself. I went into the kitchen to organize the files I had left there. Once I called them all up and organized them back in the box, I looked at the time.

"Hey, babe, are you almost ready?" I called out to Sky.
"Yea one sec!" I heard her call out.
I went into our room and saw her sitting on the floor doing her makeup in-front of her mirror.
"Babe, you have a bathroom to do this in." I chuckled.

"Yea, but the lighting's better out here." She laughed.
I crouched down next to her and gave her a kiss.
She smiled at me.
Once she finished, she held her hands up to me.
"Can you help me up?" She laughed.

I laughed and nodded my head. I pulled her up and she put away her makeup.
We finally were ready and left to breakfast.
We went to a Mexican place because Skylar really wanted some steak tacos from there. And we know they serve dinner all day there.

"Can we get the check?" I asked the waiter once we were done.
Once I paid, we left.
"Time to go baby shopping!" Skylar smiled once we got in the car.
"Let's go shopping for this baby girl..." I smiled.

We got to a baby store and started looking around. Skylar really wants to do the nursery a dusty rose color with some grey, black, and white.
She looked online and saw that they had this grey and black distressed wooden matching nursery set.

And then she ordered this wallpaper that was dusty rose with white, black, and grey accents.
"Hello, can I help you two find anything?" A woman came up to us.
"Yes, do you guys have this set? I saw it on your website." Sky said, showing her the set she wants.

"Oh yes, I believe we do... that's a new set though. Let me go check in the back." She said.
She left and Skylar and I were looking at some blankets and clothes.
"I was looking on this website yesterday before bed. They make custom baby blankets, and I was designing a couple and they were so cute all that's missing on them is a name." Sky explained to me while looking at some blankets.

"Really? We haven't talked about names yet. Do you have any in mind?" I asked her.
She smiled and nodded her head.
"Yea, only one. It was one that me and Cam always fought over who would name their future daughter that. And we made a deal that whoever had a daughter first, would use the name." She explained.
I smiled at her. I know she always missed her brother.

Then the woman came back.
"Ok, sorry for the wait, we have one set in the back. Would you guys like it?" She asked us.
"Yes please." Skylar said.
"Alright, would you guys like to keep looking? I can hold the set at the front for you two." She explained.

"Yea, that would be great." I said.
She nodded her head and walked away.
"We should go look at the car seats and strollers." Skylar said.
"Yea, we should." I said.

We found the section and started looking.
"I have absolutely no idea which one..." Sky laughed.
"Uh... yea.. me either..." I laughed as well.
We saw the lady that helped us before and I called her over.

"Hello, do you guys need help finding a stroller and car seat?" She asked us.
"Yes, can you tell this is our first?" Sky laughed.
The woman chuckled under her breath.
"Maybe a little..." she joked around.

We showed us a bunch of different brands of car seats and strollers and it took us about 45 minutes, but we finally found ones that we liked. So we got them.
She got the corresponding boxes for them and sent them to the front.

Sky and I kept looking around the store.
"What else do we need?" I asked her.
She pulled up a list on her phone.
"Clothes, a chair for the room, blankets, pumping stuff... we still have so much.." she stressed.

"Hey, look.. it's ok.. we got the big stuff today.. and we still got time. We still got 5 months left until she's here... why don't we just pay for what we got so far and continue this madness another day? I bet you're tired too..." I told her.
She looked at me and nodded her head.
"You're right... about everything.. let's go home..." she chuckled a bit.

We paid for everything, got it loaded in my truck, and drove home.
Once we got home, I put the boxes on the nursery.
Skylar looked at the room that was going to be our daughter's nursery and she smiled.
"I can't wait to start transforming this room..." She smiled.

I looked at the time.
"It's only 3pm, why don't I start tackling the furniture?" I asked her.
Skylar looked at the boxes.
"Sure, let's do it." She smiled.
We started on the crib.
We were both looking at the directions and carefully putting everything together.

At about 5, we finished everything.
Skylar looked at the furniture.
"Oh my god it's perfect." She smiled. Seeing her so excited and happy made me overjoyed.
I picked her up and kissed her.

Once we pulled away, I whispered to her: "Thank you."
She looked a bit confused.
"For what?" She laughed.
"For growing our daughter, for enduring the pain and struggle of pregnancy just so we can start a beautiful family." I smiled.

She smiled and started tearing up.
"Sorry, these hormones..." She laughed a little as she started wiping them.
I laughed too and started wiping them for her.
"Exactly my point.." I joked around.

-7pm-
~Skylar's POV~
Daniel and I just finished eating dinner, so now we were relaxing on the couch watching a show.
"You know.. I don't think I ever told you my idea that I have for our daughter..." I smiled at Daniel.
He looked at me.
"No, you didn't.. what is it?" He asked me.

Before I could say anything, we got a knock at the door. I looked at the door and we both looked at each other.
"Who's that? Were we expecting someone?" I asked Daniel.
"The only person we're expecting is our daughter.." he joked around, but confused.
I laughed a little at his joke.

Then there was another knock.
"I'll get it." I said.
Daniel pulled my shoulder.
"Are you sure?" He asked me.
"Yea, relax." I told him.

I went to the door and looked through the peephole, however, I couldn't see who it was, whoever it is was looking down at there phone with a cap on.
I opened the door and I couldn't believe who I was looking at.

"Hey Sis... you think I could live here for a while?"

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻