Chapter 43

-2 months later-
-early April-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to a warm and familiar touch in my back.
"Good morning, beautiful.." I heard Daniel whisper in my ear.
I turned around and smiled at Daniel.
"Good morning, Handsome.." I smiled.
He grabbed my face and kissed me.

When we got out of bed, I made us breakfast.
I was making French toast. I was cutting up some fresh fruit to add to it, but Daniel kept eating them as I was cutting them.
"Can you save some for the food?" I laughed.
"Maybe..." he laughed, getting another piece of fruit.
I laughed and finished making breakfast.

When we finished eating, Daniel was getting ready.
"Hey, what are you getting ready for?" I asked him.
"I have to run a couple errands. But I'll be back soon." He told me.
"Oh ok. I'll miss you." I laughed. He pulled my in by my waist and kissed me.
"I'll miss you more." He smiled down at me.

Once he left, I decided to just clean. I didn't have really anything to do. So I cleaned the apartment. We also had some laundry that needed to be done, so I started that too.

~Daniel's POV~
Once I left the apartment, I met up with Liz downstairs.
"Hey, does she know?" She asked me.
"Not a clue.." I chuckled.

"Alright, what's the first stop, lover boy?" She laughed.
"Jewelers." I said.
"Alright let's go. No time to waste." She said as we went to my car.
"You're right, let's go." I laughed.

We drove to the jewelers.
Once we went inside, a man was at the counter.
"Hi sir, how may I help you?" He asked me.
"Hi, I'm here to pick up an order? I was here 2 weeks ago." I told him.
"Ok, can I have the name for the order?" He asked me, turning his attention to his computer.

"Daniel Quinn." I told him.
"Necklace, bracelet, and ring?" He asked me.
"Yes." I said.
"Ok, give me one second." He said, going to the back.
Liz nudged my arm.

"You excited?" She asked me.
I chuckled.
"Yea... I can wait to see her reaction." I smiled.
"I remember when Kyle proposed to me, I literally could not believe it." She said.

Then the guy came back.
"Ok, here is the necklace, the bracelet, and the ring." He said.
I looked at them. The necklace is silver and has a heart with a little hole in the middle. If you take your eye up to the hole, you'll see mine and Sky's favorite picture of each other. The bracelet is silver a sunflower with the middle of it having a hole, and the picture in that is one of her and her brother when they were about 16. And then, the main piece, the ring. It was a rose gold ring, with a big diamond in the middle, and little diamonds on the sides as well.

"It's perfect." I said.
"Great. Have a great day. And I hope whoever you give that to treasures it forever." The guy told me.
"Thank you." I said.

Liz and I left the jewelers.
"Alright, next stop?" Liz asked as we got inside the car.
"Beverly Hills. To get her a dress, shoes, and purse." I said.
"Main reason I'm here." She laughed.

We drove to the stores.
We walked inside one store, but we didn't find anything that we knew Skylar would like.
Then we tried the next one, same thing.
"Hopefully third times a charm." Liz said as we walked into the third one.

We walked in and looked around.
"Oh wow, she would really like this.." I said, looking at a dress.
Liz gasped when she saw it.
"She would love that." She said.
It was a satin, form fitting, black dress that had a slit on the side. I knew Skylar would love this dress.

"I saw some shoes that would go so well with this dress." Liz said.
She left and came back super quick.
She came back with some black heels. It was perfect.

"This is perfect. Let's get these and then we'll head to the last store." I said. I paid for everything and we headed to the last store, Louis Vuitton.

We looked around the store for about 10 minutes before someone came up to us.
"Hello, can I help you guys find something particular today?" A lady asked us.
"Uh yea. I'll looking for a small black crossbody bag to gift to my girlfriend." I said.

"Ok, what kind of strap to we want? A chain? A leather one?" She asked me.
"Chain, gold chain please." I said.
"Ok, I think I have one that would be perfect." She said. She went to the back and 2 minutes later, she came out with a bag.

It looked perfect for Skylar. She doesn't have any designer bags, so I love that I'm able to give her her first one.
It was black, with a gold chain, and the Louis Vuitton logo all over the bag in a cream color.
"That bag is very Skylar." Liz said.
"This is perfect, I'll take it." I told the sales lady.

"Perfect! I can ring you up." She said.
Once we were done, we left the store.
"So, what's the plan for tonight, you big romantic?" Liz asked me as we drove.

"I'm taking her out to that new steakhouse she's been wanting to try, then I had my parents do a little something on the rooftop of the bar. We're going to head over there, I'll just tell her that I forgot something there. My mom will give me the ring box, and I'll take Skylar up to the rooftop, get down on one knee, and propose to the woman of my dreams." I smiled, thinking about it.

"Oh my god, she's going to love that!" Liz squealed.
We headed to the bar.
My parents were there, setting everything up.
"¡Ay mijo! (My son) I'm so excited for you!" My mom smiled when she saw me.
"Hey Ma, I have the ring here." I said.
She took it and was in awe.

"Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!" She said.
"Only the best for Sky." I chuckled.
"We'll put this in safe keeping's." She said.
"Thank you guys, for everything." I said.
"Yea of course, son." My dad said.

"Hey, I can stay here for a few hours and help you guys." Liz told my parents.
"Oh no, honey. You don't have to. Diego and I got it." My mom said.
"No, it's ok. My best friend is getting proposed to, I want to make sure everything is perfect." Liz laughed.

I chuckled and left after about 10 minutes.
Then I headed back to the apartment.
Now for the fun part: surprising her with everything.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻