Chapter 13

-2 months later-
-Daniel is finally an official Intelligence Officer-
-beginning of April-
-Skylar is now 20-
-Daniel is 21-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to my alarm going off. I have a 9am accounting class and it's 7am.

I quickly hopped in the shower, then I got ready and got my bag ready. I left and drove to UCLA. I sat down at the classroom.

"Alright everyone, take out your computers and complete the lessons on my page." The professor said.
All we did was calculate and make many payrolls and paystubs.

The class was 2 hours long. After that, I don't have anymore classes for the day.
After that, I went back to my place, got workout clothes on, and headed to the gym.

I was only at the gym for about 3 hours. I ran 15 miles, did some core workout for 1 hour, and after that, I was exhausted. I went back to my apartment and took a shower then hung out in bed.

I know Daniel's at work right now.
But then I got a text from him.
"Hey, you're free tonight, right?" He texted me.
"Yes, just got home from the gym not too long ago. What were you thinking about doing tonight?" I asked him.

"My dad wants to meet you, so he was thinking about us going over to the bar tonight so you can meet some of my family." He texted back.
I didn't expect him to say that. But I knew this was going to come eventually.

He's already met most of my family, but I haven't met any of his yet. And we've been together for just about 3 months already.
"Yea sure, what time?" I asked him.
"I get off at 7 today. I'll be by your place at 9." He texted.

It was about 4 pm right now.
I got ready, but I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to wear.
But I had my hair straight, my makeup was natural, but a little dark. I wore a tight black dress. Wasn't too revealing or too short, and I wore some black heels. Daniel is about 6 inches taller than me. So these heels make me just 3 inches shorter than him, rather than 6.

At 8:45 I got a knock at my door and opened it.
I saw Daniel there. His face lit up when he saw me.
"Oh my god..." He said when he saw me.
I looked at his outfit. He was wearing dark jeans, a plain black shirt, a leather jacket, and his hair was just the way it always is, shaved at the sides, with his gorgeous curls on top.

"You look amazing, babe." He smiled and gave me a kiss.
"Thanks. So do you." I smiled.
He grabbed my waist and gave me a kiss.
"You ready to go?" He asked when he pulled away.

I smiled and nodded my head.
I grabbed my black purse and we went down to his car.
"I'm a little nervous meeting your family. Can you give me a little description of what they're like before I meet them?" I chuckled as we headed to the car.

He laughed and nodded his head.
"So.. my parents are both cops. My dad's the Sarge of the unit I'm in, and my mom's the desk Sarge at the district. I've talked about you before and shown them some pictures of you. They can't wait to meet you. You'll also see a bunch of my buddies too that I work with. They're like my family." He explained.

"What did your parents think of me when you told them about me?" I asked him.
"They seemed to like you, but they really wanna meet you in-person." He explained.
I nodded my head.

"Don't worry, they're going to love you. And if they don't. I don't care. I'll still love you no matter what." He smiled at me.
I smiled back at him.

The bar was only a 15 minute drive from my place.
I grabbed his arm before we went inside.
"Do they know I'm only 20?" I asked him.
"No, but have you ever had alcohol before?" He asked me.

I nodded my head.
"Yea... when I still lived in Chicago. When I was 18 I would have some shots or something At Molly's, but that's it." I said.
"It's ok, you don't have to drink if you don't want to." He told me.