Chapter 58

~Skylar's POV~
We got in the car and drove to the address. We met up with everyone else.
"Here, suit up. Her cell phone pinged here." Daniel told us.
We got suited up.

Then we all stood outside the door. Liz was at the door. She looked at everyone and Garret nodded his head.
Then she kicked the door open.
"LAPD!" We all started yelling.
I had my gun up and was checking everywhere.
"Clear!" We were all saying, checking each room. Then I heard something.

"Help! Help me please!" I heard a voice.
Then I saw a door. I opened it and went down the stairs.
Then I found the girl. She was tied up and barely had clothes on. It was her.

I came over and she was hysterically crying.
"Hey, listen it's alright... we're gonna free you." I whispered to her.
"I found her! Basement!" I called out.

I started untying her and looked at all of her injuries. She was beaten, bruised, and raped. She was bleeding from down there just like how I was. And she had hand prints all over her.

"It's ok sweetheart.. you're safe now..." I whispered to her. Once I got her untied, she hugged me, but was so weak. Then everyone came down.
Kyle grabbed her and carried her up. We checked the rest of the place. There wasn't anyone else here.

We all got outside. An ambulance came and took the girl.
After that whole thing, we went back to the district.
Once we got back, I went to the locker room.
I went in the very back and just sat on a bench.

I sat there and thought about that girl. How I found her just tied up and you could see how much she went through.
I put my head in my hands and just lost it.
Every single time we get a case like this, almost 6 times out of 10 we find them dead. This was a lucky case where the victim was actually alive.

But these cases always just get to me. Usually I'm pretty good now at controlling my feelings, but I just couldn't control them right now. I was just feeling so emotional and I don't know why.
The only things in my mind were that girl, and the experiences I went through at her same age 5 years ago. I just kept on crying, tuning out everything around me.

~Daniel's POV~
We got back to the district.
"That was.. insane how we were able to find her so fast." Kyle said.
"Yea.. it was.." I told him.
We sat down at our desks.

"Hey, where's Sky?" I asked Kyle.
"Not sure, she's your wife. Why don't you go find her?"  Kyle said.
"Liz, where's Sky?" I asked Liz who was on the other side of the room at her desk.
"I don't know... but you know how she is with these cases.." she said.
"Yea, these cases really get to her... I gotta find her." I said, I got up, but then I got a called from my father.

Daniel: yo what's up?
Diego: hey Mijo, uh.. is Skylar with you by chance?
Daniel: no, I don't know where she is. Why?
Diego: um, Evelyn passed away 5 minutes ago. She had severe internal bleeding. There was nothing they could do.
Daniel: damn... ok... uh I'll tell everyone..

I hung up the phone.
"She didn't make it, did she?" Liz asked me.
I sighed and shook my head.
Kyle did a sign of the cross on himself.

"That poor mother..." he said.
"Skylar's gonna be so upset.." Liz said.
I sighed and rubbed my face.
"Yea.. I'm.. gonna go find her." I said.

I went into the locker room. That's where I think she would be.
I went in and I couldn't find her at first. Then I heard a sound, like crying.
I followed it and Sky was in the back of the locker room on a bench, crying.

I sat next to her.
"Hey baby..." I whispered and put my hand on her back. She flinched.
"Hey.. it's just me.." I pulled her in.
She hugged me and she took some deep breaths and controlled herself after about 5 minutes.

"How's the girl? How's she doing?" She asked me.
I looked at her and she knew what I was about to say without even saying anything.
"How long ago?" She asked me.
"About 10 minutes now.." I said looking at my watch.
She closed her and eyes turned her face into my chest.

I just stroked her hair and kept my lips on the top of her head.
"It's ok..." I whispered to her.
Then she started coughing and got up and threw up.
I held her hair back as she threw up in the trash can.

Once she finished, she sat down on the floor and groaned.
"Are you ok? What's going on? I know you weren't feeling good this morning... remember our rule, No Secrets." I told her.
She looked at me. Her face was super pale. She put her hand on her forehead, and then ran her fingers through her hair.

"I don't know... I've been feeling like this all day... it started last night, but I thought it was just from the insane workout we did yesterday. I thought my body was just exhausted... but I felt worse today.." she said.
I moved the hair out of her face, but then she got up and threw up again.

"Ok, we're going home... I'm not letting you continue working." I told her.
Once she caught her breath, she tried to talk.
"No it's... ok... we still... ha-have to find the guy... who... did this..." she struggled to say.
"Don't worry about that right now. I'm taking you home." I told her.

She didn't try and argue because I could see that her body was just exhausted and weak. My mom was in my father's office. I knocked on the door.
"Yes Mijo? What's up?" She asked me.
"Sky's not feeling well, so I'm taking her home and we're both taking the rest of the day off." I told her.

"Is she ok?" She asked me.
"I think? I think she's got a cold her something." I told her.
"Alright, yea take her home... let me know how she is." She told me.

I got both our bags from our lockers and Skylar and I walked out.
Once we got to the car, Skylar put her hands on her forehead and rubbed her eyes.
"Let's get you home and in bed. Maybe you just need some rest." I told her. She didn't say anything, but nodded her head.

I drove us home and we went upstairs.
Once we got upstairs, I helped Skylar in bed and she got some comfortable clothes on and she laid in bed. I kissed her forehead.
"You'll feel better soon baby... what if I make my famous soup?" I whispered and chuckled. There's this Colombian coup my mom alway used to make for David and I when we were younger, and I know that David and Lia make it for their kids too.

Skylar gave a weak smiled with her eyes closed and nodded her head.
"Thank you..." she managed to say before she fell asleep.
I wen to not the kitchen and got all the ingredients to start cooking, careful though not to wake up Skylar.

~Skylar's POV~
I don't know how long I slept for, but I woke up and still had a headache, so I went to the bathroom.
I looked through the cabinets for the medicine and found another box of pregnancy tests. I grabbed the box and looked at it.

There's no way I'm pregnant. I just ended my period. But for some reason, there was a lingering though in the back of my head. So I grabbed a test and took it.
Once I did it, I put the test on the counter and waited.
I felt this fear rush through me. Yes, I desperately want a child so bad, but there's also just a huge fear. Yes I want it to be positive, but I'm also nervous to be pregnant and have to give birth, plus take care of a child. What if I'm not a good mother?

All these thoughts we're circling around my head, only to be interrupted by my timer going off. I flipped it over and saw the two very bold lines on the test.
I'm pregnant.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻