Chapter 66

~Skylar's POV~
"Hey Sis... you think I can crash here for a while?" Maxx told me.
I was frozen in shock. I looked and he had 2 duffles bags, a backpack, and a big suitcase with him.
"Um..." Was all I could get out because of the shock.

"Hey who's at the- Maxx? What are you doing here?" Heating Daniel's voice grounded me again.
"Yea.. what's going on?" I asked as we let him in.
I realized my sweater wasn't zipped up, so I quickly sipped it up so he couldn't see my stomach. I don't know if he saw it when I opened the door.

Maxx put everyone on the floor, looked at us, and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Um.. I kinda need a place to stay..." he said.
"What happened at home?" I asked him.
"Mom, Ma, and I got into a fight last week and I ran away this morning... I hopped on the first flight here." He explained to us.

"Ok... but.. how? Why? What?" I asked, not knowing where to even begin.
"I have a friend who knows someone who can make fake passports and IDs. So I paid him to make me 21 instead of 17... I just.. didn't want to be at home anymore and you guys were the only other people that I knew I could trust.. Jaxson, Layla, Addilynn, they would've all told Mom and Ma..." he explained.

"Ok... but... what was this fight about? What happened? Won't they be looking for you?" I asked him.
"They just... I don't know.. ever since you moved out.. they've been so overprotective and it's getting annoying. I'm 17 already and they still treat me like I'm 13." He said.

"You know they're just looking out for you.." Daniel said. I nodded my head.
"Yea... so... don't you think they'll look for you? Make you come home?" I told Maxx.
He looked down and shrugged his shoulders.
"All I know is that... I don't wanna be there anymore.. is there a way I can stay here with you guys?" He asked us.

I looked at Daniel.
"Yea of course you can... but we would have to get you enrolled in the high-school here and everything... we have an extra room you can take." Daniel said.
Maxx hugged me.
"Thanks Sis..." he said.
"Yea of course..." I said, still a bit in shock.

Daniel and I showed him to the extra bedroom. Daniel quickly closed the nursery door because we have to pass by the nursery to go to the extra room.
We showed Maxx to the room.
"So.. this is will your room now. Do whatever you want. Just please, keep it clean, that's the one rule I have.." I chuckled.

Maxx laughed under his breath.
"Yea it's perfect, thank you guys..." He said.
"There's a bathroom attached right here, a closet, and a dresser." Daniel showed him.
We left Maxx in the room to start unpacking his things.

Daniel and I went to our room and we sat on the bed.
"Um... I don't really know what to do or feel right now..." I said.
"Yea that was a lot in the past 10 minutes... let's just... take this slow... we don't work tomorrow, so let's get him enrolled in the high school tomorrow. We'll go to the Board of ED and figure this out." He explained.

I nodded my head. And then looked down at my stomach.
"Should we... tell him?" I asked him, putting my hand on my stomach.
"Maybe.. let's wait... this huge adjustment, maybe we keep this one thing under wraps." He said, grabbing my hand.
I nodded my head.

After about 30 minutes, I decided to go and talk with Maxx and bit more. I went to his room and he was unpacking his clothes.
"Hey Maxx... why don't we talk for a minute?" I asked him.
He nodded and pointed to his bed. I sat down.
"Ok... so... do Mom and Ma know that you left?" I asked him.

He shook his head.
"You have to tell them, or else they'll think that you went missing..." I told him.
"Can you tell them for me?" He asked.
I hesitated.
"It would be better if you did... trust me..." I told him.

He sighed and nodded his head.
"I'll do it later..." he said.
I nodded my head.
"Do I have any rules here too?" He asked me.
"Just please keep your room clean. And when you go out, just don't be out too late. And be safe." I told him.

He nodded his head.
"That's reasonable..." he said.
"Why, what were the rules at home for you?" I asked him.
He laughed and shook his head.
"Just so much... ever since you moved out they became like even more helicopter parents. Were they like that during your senior year?" He asked me.

I didn't say anything at first. For a majority of my senior year I pretty much separated myself from everyone.
"Yea.. they were..." I finally just said. I don't remember much of my senior year though, because I also wasn't home too much and even if I was, I don't remember a lot of it, especially from November to January.

"Why are they so overprotective. It's so annoying. I couldn't be out too late, and I kept having to check in like every half hour." He said.
"Well, you know the reason why they more cautious.." I told him.
He looked at me and nodded his head.

"I know... it's just, it was getting so annoying." He said.
"Yea I know... but they're only doing that for your safety." I explained to him.
He didn't say anything and kept on unpacking.

"Ok so... tomorrow, the 3 of us will go to the Board of ED and get you enrolled. Were you doing good in school before?" I asked him.
He nodded his head.
"Yea, all A's." He said.
"Good, keep that up here." I laughed.

"Thanks." He chuckled.
"I'll leave you to keep packing. Good night." I hugged him.

I left his room and Daniel and I kept talking about what we would do about all of this in our room.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻