Chapter 49

~Skylar's POV~
We were then let into the school.
We made our ways to our first classes.
I had some type of history class. It was a US History class.
It was on the third floor. I went up to it, but I couldn't find the room.

"Excuse me? I'm new, can you just show me where classroom 315 is?" I asked a student.
"Oh yea sure, I have to head to the classroom right next to that one." She told me.
"Great, thanks." I said.
"Yea no problem, I'm Hailey, what's yours?" She asked me.

"Uh, Addison." I said, forgetting my cover name for a second.
"Nice, where'd you move from?" She asked me.
"Chicago." I said.
"Wow really?" She said.
"Yea." I said.

We walked into the class. I went to the teachers desk.
"Hi, I'm new to the school. And I believe this is my class." I said.
"Alright, let me see your schedule, make sure you're in the right class." He told me.
I gave him my schedule and pointed to a corner of the paper that said "Detective".

"Yes ok. You're in the right class, Addison." He said, nodding his head. All the teachers and staff know that we are here.
"Where do I sit?" I asked him.
He looked around the room.
"Uh, Jack, raise your hand for me." He called out to a student.

Jack raised his hand.
"You can go sit at the empty seat next to him." He said.
Pointing to the empty seat in the back of the room.
But before I went, he whispered something to me and put a folder in front of us.
"Just do what you need to do. Observe, talk, etc." he whispered.

I nodded my head.
I went over to the seat.
"Hey, you're new?" The guy next to me said after about 5 minutes of me sitting down.
"Uh, yea. I'm Addison." I said.
"I'm Jack. Where'd you come from, Addison?" He asked me.

"Chicago." I said.
"No way, really? I heard it's like murder capital over there." He laughed.
I just shrugged my shoulders.
"Why'd you move?" He asked me.
I sat there quiet, trying to think of something.
"My.. dad got transferred here for work." I said.

Then the teacher started talking.
"Ok everyone, can anyone tell me when Jamestown was founded?" He asked the class, trying on a chalkboard.
I remember Cam loved learning about this. He always talked about it and he loved learned about US history.

It was about 30 seconds of silence in the room, everyone looking around, not wanting to answer.
"Anyone? Come on you guys, we talked about this yesterday." He said.
Jack raised his hand.
"Yes, Jack?" The teacher asked.
"I'm pretty sure it was the year 'this class is pointless'." He laughed, and so did everyone else. I sort of just looked at me and rolled my eyes.

Then, I heard Jack whisper something to me, but I didn't hear it. I was too busy looking at everyone, trying to see if I could see anything.

"Hey." I heard Jack again and he nudged my arm.
"What?" I asked him as he snapped me out it.
"I'll give you 5 bucks if you answer him. Seems like no one is." He whispered.
"How do you not know this? It's so easy." I told him.

"I don't really like this class, let alone pay attention..." he chuckled.
"Nice, you're one of those kids... let me guess... Captain of the football team? Failing most classes? Besides gym, of course, and you just like to fall for any girl, pretend to love her for a week, then move on to your next victim?" I asked him.

He looked at me a bit annoyed and leaned back in his chair.
"You guys, we talked about this yesterday, and last week." The teacher said.
No one still answered.

I finally just raised my hand.
"Yes? Addison?" He asked me.
"May 14, 1607." I said.
"Correct." He said.

Then I got a text.
I pulled out my phone.
"Anything?" Read the text. It was from Daniel.
"Nope." I texted back.

-later-
We've already gone through 4 classes and nothing. Now it was lunch time.
The 4 of us saw each other, but we knew couldn't just rush over to each other.

Liz came up to me because we just had accounting together.
"How's being back as high-school been for you so far?" She whispered as we were getting lunch.
"Not bad, put a guy in his place during my first class." I laughed.
"Do tell." She laughed.

"There isn't much to tell. The typical high-school jock. Captain of the football team, thinking he's 'too cool for school'. Know his type all too well. I used to date one." I said, grabbing an apple.
"You'll have to tell me that story later." She chuckled.
"Don't worry, I will." I laughed.
"One thing I don't miss from high-school, the lunches." Liz laughed.

"Hey, there's little miss know it all." Jack came up with some other guys who were also wearing letterman jackets.
I looked at Liz and ignored the guys.
Jack came in front of me.
"Excuse me." I told him.

"You're very tense. Do you... want something for that?" He asked me.
Liz looked at me.
"What do you have in mind?" I asked him.
He jerked his head to the side, pointing to a hallway.

I was hesitant, but I followed him.
"So...?" I asked him.
"There's a party at the Bradford place tonight at 8. Be there. I'll hook you up with anything you need... no charge.." he said, smiling at me.

"A party?" I asked him.
"You heard me. Everyone from school is going. Come on... perfect way to start a new school. That way.. you get to know everyone, while having some fun." He said.
"Say yes." I heard Nick.
"Yea sure. Why not?" I said.

"Perfect. Here's the address." He said, giving me a paper with an address on it.
"I'll be there." I said.
I went back out into the cafeteria and saw Liz with Kyle and Daniel at a table. I started to go over to them, but then someone came up to me.

"Hey, you're.. Addison right?" She asked me. It was Hailey.
"Yea. You're Hailey right?" She asked me.
"Yup. So... how you liking the school so far?" She asked me.
"It's nice. Yea." I said.
"Cool, so... do you want to come to this party? Everyone from school is going." She said.
"Yea I heard about it." I said.

"Yea, we're having it over at my place. My parents are out of town for the week. My boyfriend, Jack, is gonna hook us up." She said. Sniffing her nose.
"Jack? Is he the football captain?" I asked her.
"Yea, so you in?" She asked me.
"Yea sure." I said.
"Perfect! See ya!" She said, and left.

I finally went over to the table where Daniel, Kyle, and Liz were at.
"Hey, did you guys hear about this party?" I asked them.
"Yea, everyone's been talking about it." Kyle said.

"So we're all going right? I mean, didn't you hear what they've been saying?" I asked them.
"That it's gonna be a party at this chick's house because her parents are out of town?" Kyle said.
"No, I already found the kid who's dealing." I whispered to them.
"Who?" Liz asked.
"Some kid named Jack. He's the football captain. Real stereotypical Jock." I said.

"Ok, what has he told you?" Daniel asked me.
"Told me about the party, saying I'll have a good time, and if I'm stressed or tense, he can help me with that." I said.
"Looks like we're going to a high-school party tonight." Kyle laughed.

We all sort of chuckled.
I sort of did too, but not really.
I don't wanna go back to that time again.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻