Chapter 52

-one week later-
~Skylar's POV~
Our wedding is in one week. But the closer it's getting, the more nervous I get. We finally got everything figured out last week. So now all we have to do is wait.
Everyone from my side flies here in 5 days. They're all staying in hotels.

We don't have work today, so we were both home.
I was in the laundry room, folding some clothes.
I was humming to some songs in my head as I was working.

Then I felt a familiar touch on my waist. Then the hair was moved off my shoulders.
"Hey there soon to be Mrs. Quinn..." I heard Daniel whisper in my ear.

I turned around and smiled at him.
"Well hello there my soon to be husband." I smiled.
"Our wedding is in a week." He smiled.
"I know... I'm so excited to walk down that aisle..." I smiled.
"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..." he smiled down at me and kissed me.
"Me too..." I giggled.

-few hours later-
Daniel and I have work tomorrow, so we were getting ready. He was now showering, and I just showered, so now I was straightening my hair. Once I was done, I went to go look in my closet for some clothes for work tomorrow. And to pack my bag early so that way I'm not rushing in the morning.

I went to grab my duffle that was on a shelf, but once I grabbed it, a box fell down. I didn't catch it and it fell to the ground. Luckily, it didn't open so nothing fell out of it.

I grabbed the box, but didn't open it at first, I put it on my nightstand and finished getting my shift bag ready.
Once I was done, I put my shift bag by the front door for tomorrow morning and diverted by attention back to the box from my closet.

This box looked familiar, but I couldn't remember from what. I looked at the box and it had an envelope taped on the top. I took off the envelope and opened it.
Inside was a paper that was my handwriting. And it was dated from when I still lived in Chicago.

The date was a week before I moved here. I could tell it was my handwriting, I even signed the bottom. The paper read "open when you're ready." I thought about it for a minute. I don't remember at all what I put in here.

I opened the box and it was filled with photos and memories. There were photos of Cam and I, some photos of me and my old friends, jewelers, funny letters, and some photos of Noah and I.

I pulled out a photo of Noah and I. We were on a rooftop with some friends. We were all laughing and having a good time. But you could see the bags on the floor with us. I pulled out a another photo of Noah and I kissing in a backyard, I have no clue where.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I wish I could forget about that time in my life. That person I was, was not me. It was a façade. It was all pretend. That person I was wasn't me, but I know that the love I had for him was real. We really did love each other. The only reason we broke up was because I was too scared of getting hooked again. At first, he didn't want me to leave, and I honestly didn't want to. But I knew it was for the best.

I kept looking through the box. There was a bunch of photos of Cam and I, and some sunflower related things. I smiled at them. But then I kept on seeing photos of me and Noah. Then I found a USB. There was a note on it.

I took the note off and it said "watch this if you ever wanna use again." I was confused, I don't ever remember this USB. I looked at everything again, but then I heard Daniel combing out of the bathroom.

"Hey, what's all that?" He said, coming into the bedroom. I quickly picked everything up.
"Nothing... just some.. personal stuff." I said, closing the box.

He looked confused and came closer, but I already closed everything.
"But-" he said, but I stopped him.
"It's already 10 pm, we should get to bed." I told him.
I quickly got up and put the box in the back corner of the guest bedroom closet. Then we both got ready for bed.