Chapter 23

-3 weeks later-
-mid May-
Skylar just finished her second to last year of college.

~Skylar's POV~
Daniel and I have been back together for 3 weeks now. And it's like we never even had the break. We got right back into it like nothing ever happened.

I finished my second to last year of college and I graduate next year. I was sitting at my kitchen counter with my laptop, trying to see if I could change my major. I looked through all the lists, I don't want to start college all over again, so I'm trying to look for something I only need one year to learn it. But not much is there. And nothing really interests me.

It was 9am and I heard some noise coming from behind me, but before I could turn around. I felt Daniel's warmth hug me from behind and kiss my head.
"Hi baby..." I smiled and leaned on his arm.

"Hey beautiful, why are you up so early?" He asked me.
"It's 9am, what do you mean early?" I laughed.
"Oh, really? I thought it was 7." He chuckled.
"Yea sleepyhead." I laughed.

"Well, you did tire me out last night..." he laughed and kissed me.
I looked at him and smiled.
"What are you doing?" He asked me.
"I'm thinking about changing my major, but I don't want to have to restart college. And nothing really interests me." I explained.

"What are some of the options?" He asked.
I showed him my laptop and scrolled through.
"Real estate agent.. Dental assistant... Truck driver... Massage therapist... nothing good." I said.

"When do you have to figure this out?" He asked me.
"I'm not too sure, but I start my last year on September 1st." I told him.
"You have any plans for today?" He asked me.
"No not really. Do you?" I asked him.

He shook his head.
"No.. but I had an idea." He said.
Now I was intrigued a bit.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"Are you working today, Saturday, or Sunday?" He asked me.

I looked at my schedule.
"Nope." I said.
"Have you ever been camping?" He asked me.
"Um... no, I can't say I haven't... why?" I asked him.
"Well... my parents have this house in some campground/ community thing it's 3 hour away. And I was wondering if you wanted to come? I think you would really like it. I know it's not really camping, but..." he explained.

I thought about it for a minute.
"Ok.. would it just be me and you... or?" I asked.
"No.. my family was planning on doing a whole thing together.. it's gonna be my parents. My brother, his wife, kids. And then me and you." He said.
"Ok. That sounds fun. We haven't gone on a vacation together yet." I smiled.

"So.. you're in?" He asked me.
I smiled at him.
"Yea.. I'm in."
"Great! I'll let my parents know that we're coming. Pack for the weekend. Bring a bathing suit or two. And something nice incase we go out to eat." He told me.

"Ok, when are we leaving?" I asked him.
He looked at the time.
"Why don't you pack now? I have to head to my place to pack. And then I'm come back here at around 2 and we can head over there and be there by 5." He said.

I nodded my head.
He left and I packed and got ready. I br ought a bit of everything. Some leggings, shirts, and shorts. Then I packed a dress incase we went out, and 2 bathing suits.

-2pm-
I got a text from Daniel that he was outside.
I brought my duffle bag down and met him at his truck.
"Hey baby." I smiled.
"Hi beautiful.. you ready to go?" He asked me.
"Yea." I said.

We left on the road.
"Hey, how old are your brother's kids?" I asked him.
"He has a 4 year old son named Jayden. And a 2 year old daughter named Julia. His wife's name is Lia and his name is David." He explained.
"Aww. That's such a cute age." I smiled.
"Yea. They're adorable. But Jayden is confused about you because he wants to call you his aunt... because um..." he said. But then he stopped.

"Because... what?" I asked him.
"My old girlfriend. He used to call her his aunt. So now he thinks that you are his new aunt. But if you don't want him to call you that.. I understand and my brother and I will explain to him-" he was saying, but I stopped him.
"It's fine... I think it's cute. If he's comfortable around me and trusts me, I don't mind him calling me his aunt..." I smiled.

He smiled at me.
"I think he'll love that."
"Is your family already there?" I asked him.
"No, my brother's coming probably at 7. And I have no clue when my parents are coming." He told me.
"Oh ok, what does your brother do?" I asked him.

"He's a doctor, but he lives in San Francisco. And his wife is a stay at home mom." He explained.
"Oh, I thought he would've been a cop like the rest of your family." I chuckled.
"He didn't want to. And, it is nice to have a doctor in the family." He chuckled.

"Yea, I kinda know a lot of paramedic and firefighter things, considering I grew up surrounded by that." I laughed.
We kept on talking for a bit.

-2 hours later-
We have about 30 minutes left of the drive until we're there. I was passed out in the passenger seat. Until Daniel woke me up by stroking my hair.

"Baby? Sky, baby?" I heard him say. I woke up, and saw we were at a Walmart.
"What.. what are we doing here?" I groggily asked while trying to wake up.
"We need to do some food shopping. It's just a couple things." He said.

We went inside and did the shopping. We did only get a few things. Once we left, we were back on the road to get to the house.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻