Chapter 6

~Skylar's POV~
-One Month Later-
It's moving day. I move to California today.
Jaxson is watching Maxx and Scarlett. My moms and I have to fly to California. I have 7 huge suitcases with all my stuff in it. Once we get to California, I have to go get the keys to my apartment. The place comes fully furnished, which is great.

So I can just move right in. I live about a 5 minute drive to UCLA campus. And I got a car too, so I have to take an Uber to the dealer to get the car, and hopefully all the bags will fit.
I'm excited to move to California and have a nice, new start.

We got to the airport at 7am. My moms had one luggage to share, while I had 7, plus my purse.
They're leaving tomorrow, they just want to help me get settled in on the first day. They're gonna stay at a hotel close to my apartment, since my apartment is only 1 bedroom.

"Hi, I need to check some luggage." I told the lady at the ticket counter.
"Ok, what is your flight number?" She asked me.
I looked at my ticket, I had them printed out in the house.

"A1849 to LAX" I said.
She took my ticket and input the info into the computer.
"Ok, how many bags are we checking?" She asked.
"7." I said. She looked at me shocked, then saw all the bags I had.
"Wow, how long are you staying for?" She chuckled.
"I'm moving there." I laughed.

"Oh wow! That's amazing, college?" She asked.
"Yea, UCLA, but who knows, maybe I'll live there with permanently." I chuckled.
"Oh nice! What are you majoring in?" she asked.
"Finance, business." I said.
"Aww, well I wish you the best" she smiled.

We got all the bags checked and we were now in the TSA line.
"You excited?" Mom asked.
"Yea, I'm relieved to finally leave the bad past in Chicago. And I'm excited to see what California has in store for me." I said.

"Yea, we're gonna miss you, honey." Ma smiled.
"Don't worry, I'll only be a 4 and a half hour flight away." I chuckled.
Then I yawned.

"We really need to find a Starbucks after we get through this TSA." I laughed.
I stayed up almost the whole night last night, worrying if I had everything.
"I'm sure we'll find one." Mom laughed.

We got through TSA, got coffee, then waited at the gate for us to board.
"I have like legit butterflies in my stomach." I laughed as we sat there.
"You nervous?" Ma asked.
"I mean... yea a little. I'll be alone basically." I said.

"It's ok, you'll be ok. If anything, call us. I know we might not be there actually, but we will keep you company through FaceTime." Mom hugged me.
I nodded my head.

We got called to board soon after and got on the plane. I passed out almost immediately after the plane took off.
Once we landed, we went to baggage claim and got all the bags.

Then we got an Uber and went to the dealership. It took about 1 hour for them to finalize everything and give me the car.

Once we did that, we finally drove to the apartment complex.
I got the key to the apartment and then I was finally home.

"For some reason, I do not remember this, even though we came to see this like 3 months ago." Ma laughed when we looked around.
"Yea, I mean it's kinda small, but I really don't need much space. Literally one bedroom, a bathroom, kitchen, and living room." I said.

"Yea, you are right." Mom told me.
We started unpacking all my stuff. It was mostly just all clothes and some photos or decoration I wanted.

We spent about 2 hours putting everything away. It was really quick considering there were 3 people doing everything.
"Ok... maybe you should go food shopping now for your new apartment?" Ma asked.

I thought about it, then shook my head.
"No it's fine, I can survive on take-out for a few days before doing that." I laughed.
"What little job do you have here again?" Mom asked.