Chapter 46

-3 months later-
-Early-July-
~Skylar's POV~
It's 4am, but Daniel and I are just leaving the district.
We just finished this huge case that we've been working on for 3 weeks.
"I can't wait to just go home and sleep for 18 hours.." I laughed as Daniel and I were at our lockers.

"Yea, thank god were done with this case already..." Daniel chuckled.
I grabbed my ring and put it on, I don't wear it on the job because I don't want to risk damaging or losing it.

I grabbed my bag and jacket and checked my phone.
"Oh damn..." I said, looking at it.
"What's wrong?" Daniel asked me.
"I completely forgot that my family's coming today... I got a text from my mom 3 hours ago saying 'We're about to take off, see you soon.' Which means that they'll probably land in 1-2 hours, so they'll be at our place in 3-4." I said.

"Oh shit, yea I forgot about that too... it's ok, we already cleaned everything a few days ago, so it's clean for them. Let's go home, get some sleep, and they'll call us." Daniel said.
"Yea, I guess you're right.." I sighed, rubbing my face.

I completely forgot that they were coming. With everything that's been going on with this case, we've been so preoccupied with it. Maxx and Scarlett just finished school, so they're coming over to stay with us with the week since 4th of July in 2 days. We were planning on going to Disneyland on 4th of July because they've never been there. And we're meeting David and Lia with their kids at Disneyland.

My family doesn't know Daniel and I are engaged. They're still iffy about him, which I don't understand why. I'm not going to tell them, but if they notice the ring, we'll tell them. They've also never been to our place either or even been to LA I'm pretty sure.

Daniel and I got back to our place at 4:30 in the morning, we took off our clothes and put on some pajamas and went to sleep.

But then at 7am, my phone went off. It woke both Daniel and I up. I looked at my phone and it was mom.
Skylar: hello?
Alyssa: hey honey, we're heading over right now. We should be there in about 30 minutes.
Skylar: um ok... yea we'll be ready.
Alyssa: alright see you honey.

Once my mom hung up, I put the phone on my nightstand, pulled the pillow over my head and groaned.
"That case killed us these past 2 weeks..." I said.
I heard Daniel chuckle.
"Come on, let's get dressed." Daniel pulled the pillow off my head and gave me a kiss.

"Yea, you do that..." I rolled over and pulled the blanket over my head.
"Come on. It's your family." He chuckled, pulling he blanket off my and rubbing my back.

"I didn't invite them over to stay here for the week, you did." I told him.
"Because I was being nice to my fiancé's family." He chuckled.
I finally got up and we got dressed.
We went out into the main area and the place was a mess.

Yes the guest bedroom and everything there was clean, but because we've been swamped with the last case we just finished, we haven't really cleaned up the main area.
"My god... how did we not notice this yesterday?" I groaned and rubbed my face.
"It's fine, it's not even that bad, we can quickly pick this up." He told me.

We somehow managed to quickly get it clean.
When we were done, we had about 5 minutes before they came.
"I need coffee..." I said.
"Yea same, make some for everyone." Danny told me.

I made enough for myself, Danny, my moms, and Maxx.
"The guns are in the safe right?" I asked Danny.
"Yea, I'm pretty sure." He said.
"Ok, because I just don't want Scarlett getting a hold of them." I said

Then the door knocked.
I took a deep breath before opening the door.
"Hey!" I smiled when I opened it.
"Sky!" Scarlett came and hugged me super tight.
"Hey Scarely." I smiled.