Chapter 45

~Skylar's POV~
"Skylar Dawson Severide... will you marry me?" Danny asked me.
"Yes yes! A thousand times yes!" I cried out. His slipped the ring on my finger and I kissed him.
He got up and I pulled him in and kissed him.

I was tearing up, not believing this.
The man of my dreams. The love of my life. Is now my fiancé.
I laughed as we kissed and when we pulled away, he wiped my tears.

"Is this real?" I laughed.
He kissed me again.
"Yea it is.." he smiled.
"I love you..." I was still so emotional.
"I love you more... I can't wait to marry you..." he smiled.

Liz came up to us.
"Did you know?!" I laughed.
"Of course I did. What did you think the errands that Daniel ran earlier today were? We were all around LA, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, getting everything." She laughed.
I looked at Daniel and pulled him in again for a kiss.

We stayed at the bar for another hour before heading home.
When we got home, I was still on shock about the whole proposal.
We went into our room.
"I'm still... sort of in shock about all this..." I laughed.
"Well... it's real... you better believe it." He laughed.

I chuckled and pulled him in by his jacket.
"So... you remember what we agreed on before we left?" I asked him with a smirk.
He looked down at me and chuckled.
"Of course I do..." he smiled.
"Let's continue where we left off then..." I whispered and he picked me up and threw me on the bed.

-next morning-
I woke up from the light coming into our room. I rolled over and Daniel wasn't in bed, but I heard him in the bathroom. I was remembering everything from yesterday and last night.
I looked at the ring on my finger and smiled. I played around with it on my finger before Daniel came out and smiled at me.

"Some crazy guy proposed to me last night." I laughed and showed him in ring.
"Really? Well, I hope you thought about it before you said yes." He joked and sat on the bed.
I smiled and him, then looked at the ring.
But quickly, my smile and happiness turned into overwhelm and I started tearing up.

~Daniel's POV~
I noticed Skylar's mood change like a switch. She was happy and smiling one second, she looked up at the dresser and then she quickly just got upset and started crying.

"Hey.. hey what's wrong?" I asked, putting my hand on her thigh.
"Nothing it's... it's nothing, it's... just stupid.." she just to just laugh it off, but she just kept tearing up.

"No, what's wrong? I'm here for you..." I told her.
She looked at me, looked away, then wiped her tears and looked back at me.
"It's just... when I woke up... and saw the ring and thought about last night... my first thought was... I can't wait to tell Cameron..." her voice broke.

"Listen... it's ok... I'm sure he would be very happy and excited for you... I didn't know him, but from what you tell me, it sounds like he was a great guy and you guys were best friends..." I told her.
She looked and me and chuckled.
"Yea... sorry, this is so stupid, I don't even know why I'm crying..." she tried to brush it off. Wiping off her tears and taking deep breaths.

"It's not stupid... I'll always be here for you, one call, text, anything. And I'll be right here. I'll always be by your side... I love you... I'll never, ever leave you." I told her.
She smiled. I climbed up to her and kissed her.

When we pulled away, I wiped her tears.
"Remember what we promised each other? That we won't ever try to keep secrets. We'll always be open with each other. We don't keep each other in the dark anymore." I told her.
She nodded her head and smiled at me.

I held her left hand and played around with her ring.
"So... tell me about this crazy guy from last night.. how'd he do it?" I laughed.
She laughed and held her hand up that I was holding and kissed my hand.

"Well, he started off by giving me some amazing surprises. He got me a beautiful dress, shoes, some jewelry, and a designer bag. Then he surprised me with a date to this amazing restaurant. Then we went to a bar, he takes me up to the rooftop, gets down on one knee, and gives me this beautiful ring... he's the love of my life and I'm so happy to start this next chapter with him..." she smiled.

I moved the hair of of her face.
"You're so beautiful... my gorgeous fiancé." I chuckled.
She smiled.
"My handsome fiancé... I love you..." She kissed me.
"I love you more." I smiled.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻