Chapter 55

-5 months later-
-May-
~Skylar's POV~
Daniel and I are at home right now. But Daniel works at the bar tonight, and I'm just going to be with him.
He works at the bar, but is also a server.

"You're still coming tonight right?" Daniel asked me as we were getting ready.
"Yea why?" I asked him.
"Just wondering." He said.

We got to the bar and Daniel clocked in for his shift.
I saw Liz at a table and sat with her.
"Hey." I told her.
"Hey what's up?" She asked me.
"Not much.. Daniel's working tonight, so I just came." I said.

"Where's Kyle? I asked her.
"He's at headquarters. He was chosen to teach a class, so he's getting questioned and seeing what the class entails." She explained.

-2 hours later-
Liz and I have been talking for the past 2 hours now. Then Daniel came to our table.
"Alright, what can I get you two to eat and drink?" He laughed.
"The sampler platter. And I'll get a Vodka with Lemonade." Liz said.
"I'll just get an IPA." I said.

"Alright. Anything else?" He asked.
"You." I laughed.
He smiled and gave me a kiss.
"Are you guys gonna have kids soon?" Liz asked us.
"We haven't really discussed that too much in detail yet..." Daniel said.

"But don't you guys want kids?" Liz asked.
"Yea, but we've only been married for 5 months. How come you and Kyle haven't had kids yet? Haven't you guys been married for like 6 years now?" I laughed.

"We've talked about it. But I don't know if we could deal with a mini me or Kyle." She laughed.
"You guys want kids though right?" Daniel asked her.
"Yea, but... I don't know. There's just.. never been a right time. Also, I'm kinda terrified of getting pregnant. When my sister was pregnant, she was literally in a living hell." She laughed.

"Well, everyone is different. I remember my mom, Brielle, telling me her pregnancies were all extremely high risk. She has to take these injections and pills everyday like twice a day. But also because they got pregnant through IVF. And my other mom, Alyssa, never wanted to get pregnant, but she wasn't as fertile as my other mom, and she got appendicitis, and she had to get all her reproductive organs removed." I explained.

"That makes me even more excited to have a kid." Liz laughed.
"I'm just saying... you could always have a surrogate too." I told her.
"Maybe..." she said.
"Hey, can we please order?" The table next to us asked Daniel.
"Yea of course Sir." Daniel said. "I'll be back with your food." He chuckled at us.

"How long have you known you wanted to be a mom? Did you always want to be one?" Liz.
"Yea, I always knew. Since Cam and I were always the oldest, we got lots of practice and experience.. and.. I don't know, I just always wanted to be one. I remember Cam always telling me how much fun he would be as an uncle. Letting my kids break the rules and just being their favorite uncle." I chuckled.

"He sounds like he was really fun..." Liz smiled.
"Yea.. he was.. sometimes I wonder how different life would be if he was still here..." I said. I started tearing up.
Liz put her hand on mine and rubbed it.
"Sorry..." I laughed and wiped my tears.
"No, don't be sorry... I get it..." she smiled.

-half an hour later-
Liz and I got our food and drinks.
"Here you go." Daniel said.
"Thanks. You're very good looking, are you single?" I joked around with him.

"Nope, I got a gorgeous wife at home who would probably shoot you in the head if you keep hitting on me." He laughed.
I laughed.
"Good answer." I kissed him.
Daniel had to keep working, but Liz and I talked as we ate the food and drank our drinks.

-one hour later-
".. yea and then, this lady just-" Liz was explaining to me, but then she stopped.
"Why'd you stop?" I asked her.
"Um... your husband doesn't look too good..." she told me.
"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at the bar. And I saw Daniel. He looked almost weak.

I went to him.
"Hey babe?" I asked him.
He looked up at me, he looked exhausted.
"Hmm?" He asked.
"You don't look too good... did you take your medicine?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

"Yea I'm fine..." he said, but he was even struggling to work on the tablet to input an order.
"No you aren't... come on I'm taking you home." I told him.
"Baby.. I'm ok." He said, looking at me, but I could see the black under his eyes.

I held his hand and felt his forehead.
"You're burning up... let's get you home so you can rest..." I told him.
He looked like he wanted to argue, but he knew I was just gonna end up winning the battle.

He came out from behind the bar and I held his hand and put my other around his waist because he wants even walking straight.
"You take him home, I'll tell Diego and Julia." Liz said.
"See ya." I told her.

I got Daniel in the car and I drove us home.
I helped him up the stairs and got him in the apartment.
I brought him to our room and he laid on the bed.
"Tell me what you feel..." I stroked his hair as he laid on our bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Weak... everything is spinning... hot and cold..." he said.
I kissed the top of his head, but he pulled away.
"I don't wanna get you sick... I was already kissing you tonight..." he sighed.
"Babe relax it's ok... in sickness and in health remember?" I asked him, holding his left hand and feeling his ring.

I got up and got a thermometer.
"Open and put this in the very back of your mouth." I told him, holding up the thermometer.
He did what I told him and we waited for 15 seconds.
"102.2 you definitely have a fever." I told him.

"I don't understand... I was fine all day up until an hour ago..." he said.
"Yea, sometimes it can just hit you like a train." I said.
I got some NyQuill and poured the dosage for him.

"Drink this.. it'll help with the fever and body aches." I told him. He drank it.
But the second he did, he got up and ran straight for the bathroom and he threw up.

I went followed him and rubbed his back.
"It's ok... you'll probably feel better after.." I whispered to him.
When he finished, he looked at me.
"I'm sorry... I know you hate throw up..." he said.
"Listen to me... I don't care about that right now... all I care about is your health... I can put my fears and stuff on hold if it means that you are safe and healthy." I told him.

He got up and brushed his teeth. Then he got some pajamas on and got in bed.
I got mine on too and got in bed.
"In sickness and in health... till death do us part. Remember?" I asked him.
He nodded his head.
"Good... now get some sleep." I kissed his forehead and we both went to sleep.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻