Chapter 14

-Next Week; Thursday-
-5pm-
~Skylar's POV~
I was getting ready to go to the shooting range with Daniel, some of his friends, and their wives.
We're going to the shooting range, then we're going to go to dinner after.

This is the first time I'm going out with Daniel with other people. I'm not too nervous about it. But I know all his friends and their wives are at least 3-4 years older than me. And I don't know if that will make them treat me differently.

What Daniel doesn't know is that I do know how to shoot. Once I turned 18, I bought a gun in Chicago to keep me protected. I still have my Illinois permit. But I haven't been able to get the gun over here. I still carry my permit in my wallet. I've been meaning to just get a different gun. Right now, the gun is just at the 21st district because my moms didn't want the gun to be in the house with Maxx and Scarlett in the house.

I'm pretty sure Daniel thinks I've never handled a gun before, but I used to go to the shoot range once a week as a "therapy" for myself when I lived in Chicago.
I haven't been to a shooting range in almost 2 years, but I still know everything.

I tried one shooting range here in LA when I was 18. It wasn't too bad. I borrowed a gun from the place. But I haven't been there since. I've been meaning to get my hair permit for California, but I haven't had the time too.
I got dressed in jeans, boots, a black shirt, and a red and black flannel. My hair was loosely curled and my makeup matched my outfit, but it wasn't too much.

I made sure that I had my permit. Even though I know I have it. I brought my glasses and earmuffs for the shooting range and put them in my purse. I think Daniel's going to be extremely surprised. I'm going to pretend like I have no clue what I'm doing, then I'll just show him.

At 5:30 I got a knock at my door. I opened the door and Daniel was there.
"Hi baby.." I smiled and gave him a kiss.
He smiled and pulled me in by my waist.
"Hey beautiful." He smiled.

"You ready to go?" He asked me.
"Yup." I said.
"Alright. So we're meeting the guys and their wives at 6. Then after, we're going to this restaurant downtown." He explained as we walked down to his car.
"Sounds good." I said.

We drove to the range.
"Ok, so I brought my other handgun with me for you to use. I'll show you all the basics, don't worry. If you feel unsafe or scared, it's ok. You don't have to do it." He told me.
I nodded my head.

We got to the range and met up with the others outside of the range.
"Ok so, Skylar. This is Garrett and Heather. Kyle and Erin. And Jason and Amelia. This is Skylar." Daniel said.
I smiled and waved.

We went inside. My moms always found it so ironic that guns don't scare me as much as they used to. Considering I had a gun pointed at me for a week straight when I was kidnapped. But once I got one myself and learned the safety of it, they don't bother me as much anymore. Yes, I will still always be terrified of being held at gunpoint again, but now that I know how to use a gun, it gives me a sense of calmness.

"Hey, we need 4 targets. 2 people will be at each target." Daniel told the guy at the front.
"Ok, how many guns do you guys have?" The guy asked.
"I have two handguns. Both 9mms." Daniel said.
The others explained what guns they had. It seemed like the wives have been here before.

The guy looked at me. I was obviously the youngest in the group.
"Can I see your license?" He asked me.
I gave him my ID.
"She's with me." Daniel said.
The guy looked at me, then at Daniel.
"Ok, let me get you to some targets." The guy said.

We got set up at a station.
"Ok, babe. First, you need to wear these glasses, and these earmuffs. They'll block out most of the sound. And the glasses protect your eyes." Daniel explained to me, showing me some earmuffs and glasses he has in his carrying case for the extra gun he brought.