Chapter 62

-Skylar is now 12 weeks-
-Early September-
~Daniel's POV~
I believe Skylar is now 12 weeks pregnant. And she's still working. Honestly, I don't know if she should anymore. No one knows that she's pregnant yet. I can't believe that's she's actually hid it this long. She's been so sick and tired, but she's been just hiding everything, but I can tell when she really isn't alright. And Liz can do. But we haven't told anyone.

I woke up to my alarm ringing. I shut it off and reset rolled over to wake Sky up because I know she has an appointment today. But she wasn't in the bed.

"Hey Sky?" I called out. But then I heard some noise from our bathroom.
I got up and opened the door and Sky was throwing up and coughing.
I quickly went by her side and held her hair for her.
When she finished, she caught her breath and brushed her teeth.

Once she finished with that, she looked at me through the mirror. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
Then she turned around and put her arms on my shoulders.
"Well... good morning.." she slightly laughed.
"Good morning." I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Sorry you had to wake up to that... not the most flattering thing..." she chuckled and rubbed her face.
I laughed under my breath and picked up her face.
"You're pregnant with our baby... and this pregnancy has been nothing but hell for you... and it's ok..." I smiled.

She grabbed my face with her hands and smiled up at me.
"How did I get so lucky?" She asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"All I did was walk into a coffee shop... and rest is history." I smiled.

We went back to the room.
"We have your appointment today." I told her.
She groaned and fell onto the bed.
"I forgot about that..." she mumbled.
I laughed and pulled her up off the bed.

"Come on... I remember you telling me that the appointment is at 10, and it's 830 right now." I explained to her.
She looked at me and nodded her head.
"Yea.. you're right..." she told me.
"Alright, let's get ready." I smiled.

I got ready in just jeans and a jacket. It's getting a bit colder here in LA.
When I was ready. I noticed Skylar looking at herself in the mirror, a bit confused.
"What are you doing, baby?" I asked her.

"I.. think I'm getting a bump now.." she said.
She showed me and she was right. We haven't been at work in 5 days. Our schedule is never really solid, it's always changing. And we missed last shift because Skylar was so sick and I didn't want to leave her alone because I was afraid that all her vomiting was going to lead her to dehydration. So she's been wearing mostly just shorts and oversized shirts.

I smiled as I saw how much Skylar's face lit up. This girl was meant to be a mom. She's so excited. And I'm excited to start a family with her.
"Yea you're right..." I smiled and gave her a kiss.
"It's like.. crazy, I feel like it happened so fast..." she laughed.

"Well... that's our little baby in there.." I smiled.
She smiled up at me and kissed me.
"I know we haven't told anyone yet... but who do you wanna tell first? Liz and Kyle? My parents? Your parents? David and Lia?" I asked her.
She thought about it.

"Well, we need to tell your parents first because I know I'm going to be stopping now. Probably within the next 2 shifts. And... I don't know, I was thinking about just not telling my family at all and just show up with a baby." She laughed.
I laughed too.

"That would be funny." I chuckled. "But what about holidays? You'll still be pregnant for those higher holidays." I told her.
"But you said we'd spent time with your family this year. Since last year, we were with mine." She said.
"You're right." I told her. Completely forgetting we agreed to do that.

Last year, her family flew here for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Skylar doesn't want to go back to Chicago. And I respect that. She has a bad past there and she doesn't want to remember anything.