Chapter 10

-2 weeks later-
-end of January-
~Skylar's POV~
It's been 2 weeks since Daniel and I have officially started dating. And it's been amazing. He's so much different than all my past relationships. He's so caring and loving and just so sweet.

I woke up and saw Daniel getting dressed right beside my bed.
"Leaving so soon?" I chuckled as I woke up.
He didn't expect me to be awake, so he got a little spooked. But then he just chuckled and shook his head.
"No, I have to head to the academy." He said.

"When do you have to be there?" I asked him.
"About.. an hour, but I was going to grab some coffee or something to eat before I get there." He explained.
"I have to head to work in about an hour and a half.. you wanna get some breakfast together?" I asked him.
"Yea sure." He smiled.

I sat up in bed, realizing I was just wearing a bra and grabbed my shirt from the floor beside my bed.
I looked at my phone. There were a bunch of unread messages from both my moms.
"Damn." I said, looking at my phone.
"What's up?" Daniel asked me.

He doesn't know about my family, I've told him that I have 2 siblings, but he doesn't really know anything about my past.
"Just, got tons and tons of texts from my parents. Asking me if I'm ok..." I said.

"Really? Do you know why they would send you that stuff?" He asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know..." I said.

"I just noticed you have so much sunflowers all over your room... even your jewelry and some purses are sunflowers."  He chuckled.
I chuckled a little too, but I still haven't told him why I love sunflowers.

Then I got a call from Mom.
"Hold on.." I told Daniel, answering the phone call, going out into the living room.

"Hey mom." I answered the phone.
"Hey Sky.. how you doing? You ok?" She asked me.
"Yea I'm fine... why did you guys send me all those messages?" I asked her, confused.
"Skylar.. do you know what day it is?" She asked me. I thought for a moment.
"um... Wednesday?" I told her, not understanding where she's going with this.

"No honey... it's January 25..." she told me. My jaw dropped when I heard her say that. I couldn't believe the date she just said. 2 years ago today, was the day Cameron and I got kidnapped.
I sat down on the couch on the verge of tears.
"Oh my god... I didn't realize that it came so soon... I just- oh my god.." My voice broke.

"It's ok... you need to call Ma or me, or Dr. Charles we'll answer you, day or night..." she said.
I didn't say anything, but I'm pretty sure she could hear my shaky breathing.

"Ok.. mom I love you..." I said.

Once I hung up the phone, I sat on the couch with my head in my hands, my breathing was shaky. I can't believe that today is the 2 year mark. One week from now 2 years ago is when Cameron died.

"My god, I need to find a flight back home..." I whispered to myself.
I haven't been to Chicago since I left to move here.
I wanted to go back. I need to see my family again.

"Sky? Are you ok?" Daniel came in front of me.
I forgot he was here and I flinched so hard.
"Woah, woah... it's just me..." he said, grabbing my hands.
I looked at him and nodded my head.

"Sky, what's wrong?" He asked me. Picking up my chin and wiping my tears. I knew I couldn't lie to him. I had to tell him. He wouldn't believe me if I told him anything else.

My voice was shaking and I could feel that my face was burning red from the crying.
"I um... you know how I told you how my biggest fear is getting kidnapped?" I asked him.
He looked at me confused.
"Yea... I remember.. why?" He asked me.

"2 years ago today... me and my twin brother were kidnapped..." I told him.
He looked at me shocked and upset for me.
"I... I didn't know you had a twin brother..." he told me.