Chapter 79

~Skylar's POV~
I couldn't believe it and looked down at my legs.
"My water... I- I think it just broke..." I said.
"Shit um... what do I do?" He asked me, I could tell he was freaking out.
"Um.. can you get me my purse and drive me to the hospital?" I asked him, grabbing his arm because I was in so much pain.

"Ok yea... here, just stay right here..." he said, putting me on the couch.
He went to my room. I stayed on the couch. Trying to breathe through the pain.
I looked around and found my phone to call Daniel, but before I could even turn my phone on, the pain got worse.

"Oh my god... Maxx! What's taking so long?" I yelled out.
He came back out with my purse and helped me off the couch. We got down to my car and Maxx got in the drivers seat and I was in the passenger's.
"Ok.. which hospital?" Maxx asked.
"West- West Field..." I said, grabbing the arm rest of the car. Everything was hurting.

"Ok, how do you want me to get there?" He asked, panicked.
"I don't care! Just drive!" I yelled out.
He got on the road and I got my phone to call Daniel.

"Hello?" He said when he answered.
"Babe, hey, can you meet at WFG?" I told him, trying to keep my voice steady.
"What's wrong? Are you ok?" He asked me.
"U- Um... no, I'm in labor, Maxx is driving me to the hospital." I told him.
"What? Ok, I'm gonna drive there now." He said and hung up.

I felt like Maxx was driving so slow. The hospital is a 20 minute drive from the apartment.
"Maxx can you go any faster?" I asked him, these cramps were getting closer together and more painful.
"I don't want to start speeding and get a ticket." He said.
"You're literally with a cop, anything happens, I'll deal with it, just get us there quick." I told him.

He went faster and once we got there I saw Daniel waiting at the front of the ER doors. He opened the door and grabbed the hospital bag from the trunk and her car seat from the backseat.
"What do you want me to do now?" Maxx asked.
"You can come upstairs if you want." I told him.
He thought about it and nodded his head.

"Yea, I'll just park the car." He said.
Daniel and I went inside and we got in a room. Maxx came and then the doctor came in shortly after.
"Ok Skylar, you are 4cm dilated. If you want, we can give you the epidural right now and then we can let you rest." Dr. Collins told me.

"What's that?" Maxx asked.
"It's basically a shot that we put into her spine to help ease the pain." Dr. Collins explained.
"Nope, call me when that's over." Maxx said, going into the bathroom of our room. I chuckled. Maxx hates needles, always has.

I got the epidural and Dr. Collins left shortly after it started to work.
Daniel sat in the chair next to the gurney, stroking my hair, as the epidural was working more, the pain was slowly getting better and I could feel my eyes wanting to close.

"Are you excited?" I asked Daniel. He smiled and nodded his head.
"I can't wait to meet her..." he smiled.
"Does anyone else know I'm in labor?" I asked him.

"Pretty much the whole unit..." he laughed.
"Oh my god, seriously?" I laughed.
"Yea, and Liz was wondering if she could be here with you? She told me that you said that she could be in the room." He told me.

I nodded my head.
"Yea, she wanted to be here, I told her yes. Is that ok with you?" I asked him.
"Yea of course, whatever makes you comfortable." He told me.

Then almost on command, we heard a knock on the door,  and Liz came in.
"Hey, how you feeling?" She asked me.
"I'm ok, I just got the epidural not too long ago." I told her.

-4 hours later-
It's been 4 hours now. Daniel has been sitting in the chair next to my bed stroking my hair and squeezing my hand. Maxx is on a sofa, and Liz is either right next to me, sitting with Maxx, or walking around the room.