Chapter 32

-One Week Later-
~Skylar's POV~
It's a week later. Intelligence has been getting more information on Eric. But they haven't found anything on where he might be we only know he's in LA, but we have no clue where in LA he could be.

I haven't slept since in a week. I'm terrified that this guy is here in LA.
It was 2am, I was in the living room, sitting on the floor, looking out onto the city underneath.

"Babe?" I heard Daniel's voice. I looked behind me and saw him walk out of the bedroom. He walked over to where I was and bent down next to me.
"I'm sorry... I can't sleep..." I told him, looking back out at the city.

"Come on, let's get you back to bed, we have a long day today.." he told me, getting me up.
I stood up and he picked up my chin and looked at me.
"Don't worry... we're going to find him soon..." he said.
I nodded my head.

"Yea... I know. I'm just... I'm so, so scared...." My voice broke.
"Hey, hey.... Listen... we're going to find him... I promise..." he told me, pulling me in.
I buried my face in his chest as he stroked my hair and rubbed my back.

~Daniel's POV~
I know Skylar's been absolutely terrified this past week. She hasn't slept, eaten, or won't even be out of public without me by her side. I'm worried about her and I know we need to catch this guy fast.
"Come on, let's get you to bed..." I whispered to her.

"I can't sleep..." she cried, she stayed looking out at the window.
I picked her up and she now had her face buried in my neck. I could feel her tears running down my neck and her sniffling in my ear and it broke my heart.

I brought her into our room.
I carefully laid her down on the bed.
We laid down together. Sky had her face buried in my chest. I stayed stroking her hair. I fought against the tiredness to stay awake, to make sure she falls asleep.

After about almost an hour, I didn't hear any sniffling, any shaky breathing. I looked down and she passed out. She was finally asleep. I took a breath of relief and kissed of top of her head. Then I dosed off to sleep myself.

-morning-
My alarm went off at 430am. I quickly shut it off. I looked back down at Sky who was still snuggled up in my chest. I very carefully got out bed, not to wake her. I grabbed clothes from my drawers and got dressed, then I went into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

I usually don't have breakfast at the apartment on work days. I usually just eat something at the district. But I wanted to make Skylar's favorite breakfast, maybe she would eat it. She hasn't eaten in the past week. The most I can get her to do is drink water and chew some gum.

Skylar's favorite breakfast is chocolate chip French toast with extra cinnamon and strawberries on top.
I had all the ingredients except for chocolate chips. But we did have some chocolate bars, so I cut one of those up.

It only took 30 minutes to make everything.
When I served everything, I saw Skylar come out of our room. I saw her tear stained face and she just came over and hugged me.

"Hey baby... I made you your favorite... can you please have some?" I asked her.
She looked at the food and shook her head.
"Can we just head to the district?" She told me.

I sighed and knew she wasn't gonna eat again.
I picked up her chin and I could see her face was a little thinner. Her eyes were red and she just looked so exhausted.

I didn't even say anything and just nodded my head.
She went to go get dressed. She got dressed in jeans and a sweater. We were going to be an hour early, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is already there anyway. This has been the only case we've been working on.

We got in my truck and drove to the district. The drive was the same it's been for the past week. I drive while Sky sits silent, staring out the window, looking at every single person we pass by.

Once we got to the district, we went inside and went straight upstairs.
"Hey you guys." Liz came up to us.
"Hey Liz, got anything?" I asked her.

She shook her head.
"I'm sorry, we can't find anything. No trace of him..." she said.
Skylar rubbed her face and I could see she wanted to cry again.

"Hey, let's go to the lounge room..." I pulled her in.
I took Skylar to the lounge room and closed the door behind us.
She sat at the table and threw a book that was on it at the couch.

"We're never going to find him... we're never going to find him..." she cried.
"Hey, look... yes we will. We will find him. I promise.." I told her, grabbing her by her arms.
"We've already been looking for a whole damn week now, Daniel. The next time we come close to finding this guy, he's going to have a knife at my throat just like how he did when I was in that cage!" She yelled at me.

"He isn't going to do that baby.. we aren't going to let that happen. Trust me. This district and our place is the two safest spots you can be at right now..." I told her.
She got out of my grasp and sat down at the table and just ran her fingers through her hair.

"Look... how about you just stay here? I'm going to go out and see if we can find anything? Just stay here and relax.." I told her. She looked at me and just nodded her head. I kissed her forehead and went back out.

Liz came up to me.
"Hey, how's she doing?" She asked me, referring to Skylar.
I looked at her and just shook my head.
"She hasn't slept or eaten in a week... I'm worried... we need to find this guy and soon..." I told her.

Then Nick, our technology guy came in.
"Hey guys. Listen to what I found from a call between Thompson and some other person." He said.
He played the recording.

"I need to get some supplies. I'm gonna be at the downtown Los Angeles area near Willow Street later on today at around 2pm... I heard she also lives around there, but I'm not sure where exactly. But I'm gonna keep a look out for her too. Meet me at the abandoned gas station on Kremlin Ave tomorrow at 8pm. I'll let you know anything else." And the recording ended.

"Who was he making this call to?" I asked.
"Not too sure. But this is something. We have a time and place now for where this guy is going to be." Nick said.
"When was this?" Liz asked.

"Like an hour ago." Nick said.
"That's good. We still haven't gotten similar clothes that Skylar could wear. It's 6am. We should head with her to some store to get her an outfit." Liz said.

"Yea, we do. Let me go get her. And we'll get to a store soon and get her ready." I said.
I went to the lounge room to go and get her.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻