Chapter 64

-Skylar is now 16 weeks-
-late September-
~Skylar's POV~
Daniel and I were both awake. I was making breakfast, and he was in the bathroom, getting ready.
I was making us some waffles. I was cutting up some fruit for them. We have a baby appointment today. And we're going to get a blood gender test today.

I saw Daniel come out, dressed, and he came over to me.
"Hi baby." I kissed him.
"Hey." He smiled down at me and kissed me back.
"I'm about to be done cutting the fruit up." I told him.

Once I was done, we ate.
But I didn't each much. I ate a few bites and started feeling queasy. I started just moving the food around my plate, debating if I want to keep eating.
Once Daniel was done eating, I just decided to stop. I knew I wasn't going to eat anymore.

"How come you didn't eat babe? The whole waffle is still on your plate." He told me.
"I don't know.. after 2 bites I just started feeling queasy..." I said.
"How about you go get ready and I'll clean up?" He asked me.
I nodded my head.

I went into our room and started getting ready.
As I was getting dressed, I noticed my stomach was getting pretty big. It's grown a ton in the last month. And all my clothes were starting to get quite tight on my body. I'm not a big person. Yes, I'm a bit tall, but I'm very skinny. This change on my body is honestly a lot and I'm definitely not used to it.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing leggings and my XS leggings were honestly really tight on my body. Especially my stomach. Most of the clothes I wear are fitted. The shirt I was wearing was tight on my stomach. And the sweater I was wearing that used to be oversized, was fitting me more fitted now.

I looked at my body in the mirror and my thoughts were fighting each other. On one hand, I'm so happy to be pregnant and growing a little human inside of me. And the other part of me is upset and angry at my body. I know that I'm growing a life in there, but the fact that my body is changing, and very rapidly, is so hard for my head to wrap around.

I've always had body issues. I always saw myself as too skinny or too big. There was no in between. Cam always helped me with those thoughts. When I was in the psych ward, Dr. Charles used to tell me that if I felt this way, to look at myself in the mirror and imagine Cam behind me, and think about what he would tell me.

When I moved to LA, I started working out and going to the gym a lot more. And it helped me stay in shape. It gave me curves and muscle, without gaining or loosing weight. Daniel and I always go to the gym 2-4 times a week. But because I've been pregnant, I've been too tired to go to the gym, so Daniel goes without me.

I looked at my body up and down. My muscle tone was starting to lessen.
"Hey baby... are you almost ready?" Daniel came in.
"Um.. yea..." I said, barely paying attention, keeping my focus on myself in the mirror.

"What are you doing?" He asked me. I felt him brush up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist. I snapped out of it and looked at him.
"Um.. I don't know... I just... all this change to my body so fast... it's... really screwing with me I think.." I sighed.

He looked at me in the mirror and moved the hair off my neck. He kissed my neck and then looked back at me.
"All I see is my beautiful wife, who is growing our future son or daughter inside of her. And I know she might not like all these changes and I know that this pregnancy has been rough... but I just would like her to know that I'm going to be with her every step of the way and that she will always have me to fall back on. I understand that she might not like the at her body looks because of all these changes, but I promise she'll love it soon." He smiled.

I started tearing up and smiled. I hugged him.
"It's ok that you feel a little upset with how your body looks... but promise me if you start feeling extra upset, you'll tell me?" He asked me.

I nodded my head.
"I promise.." I told him.
He smiled down at me.
"Come on, we have to go." He chuckled.

We soon left to the clinic.
Dr. Collins came in, did a couple of routine checks and then we started talking about the blood work.
"Ok, so I have to take 2 samples of blood. One for the gender, and one to just get some basic information. Do you guys have a guess on the gender right now?" She asked us.

I looked at Daniel. We both think it's a girl. And we both want a girl.
"A girl.. we think." I said.
"That's exciting. So I will do the blood right now and you guys should have the results within the next week or two. But usually it's within a week. Unless the lab is pretty backed up." She explained.

I nodded my head. I sat up on the bed and she got the needles and tubes ready. She put the tourniquet on my arm and started putting the needle in and draining some blood. I looked at the blood and felt myself get dizzy. I didn't even realize I started blacking out until Daniel caught me.

"Woah.. hey are you ok?" Daniel asked me.
I just barely looked up at Dr. Collins.
"I'm- I'm fine... sorry.." I said.
"It's ok, lots of people faint during this sometimes." She reassured me.

Once we were all done. She gave me some orange juice to drink to help with the dizziness. Then we left.
"We'll have the blood results in a week or two.." I smiled at Daniel in the car.
He smiled and nodded his head.
"I can't wait.." he kissed me.

-2 weeks later-
It's been 2 weeks since we got the blood work. We should get it any day now and we're so excited. Daniel and I were just hanging out at home, in the living room.

I had my laptop on the coffee table, refreshing the screen every minute.
"Babe relax, it's not going to come if you keep refreshing the page every 30 seconds." Daniel laughed.
"I know... I'm just excited and impatient." I laughed.
I had my hand on my stomach and looked down at it. I'm 18 weeks now and my stomach has been growing at an insane rate. I thought it was big 2 weeks ago, now it's even bigger.

Daniel and I were laying down on the couch together.
When all of a sudden I felt something weird and I sat up.
"Woah.." I said, putting my hand on my stomach.
"What's wrong?" Daniel asked me.
I looked down at my stomach.

"Um.. I think I just felt the baby kick..." I said, looking up at him.
He looked a bit confused, but happy.
"Seriously?" He laughed.
I was a bit surprised but nodded my head.
"Yea I think so... it felt like a little hit." I chuckled.

He chuckled and put his hand on my stomach.
"You know pretty soon they'll get more and more stronger.." He chuckled.
"Don't remind me..." I laughed.

I looked at my laptop and refreshed the page again.
Then the email popped up. It was the blood work lab.
"Oh my god! They emailed!" I squealed.
Daniel got up and sat up.

"How do you wanna do this? Look together, or me or you look?" He asked.
"You look first." I told him.
He took my laptop and opened up the email. His face put on the biggest smile.
"What is it?" I asked him.

I looked up at me and turned the screen. I looked at the email and started crying.
"We're having a girl?!" I cried.
He laughed and nodded his head.
"Oh my god! I'm so happy!" I cried and hugged him.

We hugged each other tight and couldn't believe it.
"We have a little baby girl on the way..." I smiled and pulled Daniel in to kiss him.
"We do..." he smiled and kissed me back.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻