Chapter 73

~Skylar's POV~
I got out of the car and ran over.

"Ma'am stand back, this is an active scene." A police officer stopped me.
I held out my badge.
"Detective Skylar Severide. This is my unit, that's my husband." I told him.
"Ma'am the scene is not safe. Let the medics take care of your-" he was saying, but I pushed past him.

I went over to the stretcher and saw Daniel on it.
"Baby, baby, can you hear me?" I rubbed him.
I looked at him. I couldn't tell where he was shot.
"Talk to me, Daniel, Talk to me, please!" I cried.
"Skylar, come on... let's the medics handle him..." Liz said, pulling me away.
"No! No!" I cried, trying to wake him.

Her and Kyle both had to pull me away from Daniel and the medics started taking off his gear and there was a bullet right in his ribs. He was loosing so much blood.
"Oh my god..." I cried.

"Alright he's got no pulse. He's loosing a ton of blood and he might have a collapsed lung. We gotta transfer him now." One of the medics said.
"Where are you taking him?" Liz asked them.
"We'll be taking him to West Field." The paramedic said.

"Come on, I'll drive you." Liz told me. I was crying so much, I couldn't believe what was happening.
"He can't be gone, he can't..." I cried to her.
"No, he's going to be fine. Don't talk like that.." she told me.

Liz, Kyle, and I got in a vehicle and drove to the hospital.
"This isn't happening... this isn't happening..." I whispered under my breath. Liz was in the backseat with me because I was just a wreck.

"I wish I could tell you it wasn't..." she told me.
"He can't be dead, Liz, he can't!" I told her.
"Hey, Sky, he isn't, trust us. Dan's one of the strongest people I know. He'll make it." Kyle said.

We got to the hospital and Daniel was in a room.
"Baby? Baby, can you hear me?" I asked him.
He was more stabilized now.

"Skylar, hey." Dr. Patterson told me.
"Hey, um... is- is he going to be ok?" I asked him.
"Well, we took an X-ray and the bullet didn't hit anything major. It's just in the chest tissue. However, he does need surgery to remove it. That bullet is close to an artery and if that bullet gets into an artery, that's a number of issues. Will you authorize the surgery?" He asked me.
"Yes, yes of course!" I said.

"Let's get him prepped, call the OR." He ordered to his nurses. I grabbed his hand.
"You'll be doing the surgery?" I asked him.
"Yes." He said.
"Please... don't let him die... I need him..." I begged him.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to let anything happen to him." He reassured me.

They started moving Daniel.
"Wait, can I tell him something before you take him up?" I asked the nurses.
"Yea go ahead." One of them told me.
I held Daniel's hand and stroked his cheek.

"You're going to be ok... you're going to pull out of this and you'll be ok... please... I can't loose you..." I whispered.
Then I let them take him.
I broken down and Liz had to grab me.

"Okay... hey... it's alright..." she told me.
I looked at her.
"What if... what if doesn't-" I was saying, but she stopped me.
"Don't you dare finish that thought. You said it yourself, he's going to be ok and he'll pull out of that surgery better than ever." She told me.

Kyle looked outside.
"Hey, everyone else is here, I'm gonna go inform them." He told me.
Liz and I both nodded our heads. And then he walked out.
Liz saw 2 chairs in the room and pulled them both up. We both sat in them.