Chapter 16

~Skylar's POV~
I walked inside my apartment and closed the door on Daniel's face. Once I heard him walk away, I slid down the wall and put my head in my hands and cried.

Not again. Not this again. The night was going so well.
I was in so much pain. My arm, my hand, my head, my face. Everything.

I looked at my sleeves, my jeans, and my hands. All I see is blood, dried, and still fresh. It all took me back to that warehouse. I was shaking.

I took off my flannel and almost screamed in pain from my arm and hand. I think my wrist was sprained. I looked at my arm. It was all cut up and bloody.

"Oh my god..." I groaned. I held my arm in my other hand. The whole right side of my body was throbbing in pain. I made my way to my bathroom and looked for a first aid kit. Then realized... I don't own one. And I looked for at least some pain meds and I ran out.

"You have got to be kidding me..." I sighed.
I had to at least go to the pharmacy now.
I grabbed my already ripped flannel and I tied it around my arm to stop the bleeding. My whole arm was cut up and bloody. But I just did not want to go to the hospital.

I grabbed another jacket and put it on. I looked at myself in the mirror. My lip was cut, there was a bruise forming on my right temple, where the guy had the gun. And you could see blood in my hair. There was a cut there too where the guy pushed the gun hard in my head.

My leg was hurting. But there was no cuts on it, but air could see a big bruise forming.
I got my keys, got to my car, and left to find a CVS.
I got to one, I sat outside in my car for minute.

I debated on going in there for a minute. But I knew I needed to go in.
I went in and went to the bandage section. I was trying so hard not to limp, but my leg hurt so bad. I grabbed a cart so I could lean on it as I walked.

I went over to the bandages and grabbed some.
I got some gauzes for this bleeding. I grabbed some hydrogen peroxide and alcohol to make sure the wounds are clean. And I got 2 bottles of pain relievers.

At the checkout, the cashier looked at me concerned.
"Did you.. find everything ok today?" He asked me.
"Uh yea. I did." I said.
"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"Yea, I'm fine... just... got hurt in my self defense class." I lied.
He nodded his head and scanned all the items. I paid for everything and left.

I got home and put everything on the kitchen counter.
I grabbed one of the packs of bandages and gauzes and wrapped my arm. I grabbed a cup of water and took out one of the pain reliever bottles.

I sat there with the bottle in my hand.
"Do it. Just take them all. You'll be with Cam again." I heard a thought in my head.
I opened the bottle and stared at the pills inside.
I looked back up and out the big window that I have for a wall and stared out into the city.

I sat there, fighting the voices in my head.
"Just take them. You'll be with Cam. You won't be in pain anymore. You'll be free." Was what I was hearing.
I looked at the pills and took 3 out of the bottle.
Before I could even keep thinking about them. I immediately closed the bottle and put it in a cabinet.

I took a deep breath.
"No, remember what you promised Cameron..." I whispered to myself.
I tried not to think about anything. Just have a blank mind. But of course, that's not possible for me.

Then I had a thought in my mind that made me question everything about today.
"You can't be with a cop anymore. It's too dangerous." I heard a voice say.
I was fighting with my own thoughts.

I love Daniel. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. But what happened today was just insane. It won't happen again though. But it can. This was just a one time thing. But what if I get kidnapped again?