Prologue

Have you ever felt so bored in your entire life like you want to change it all somehow? Like, life was so predictable for me the past few years it kinda seemed boring?

        I'm Jade Winterson. I'm a half-American, half-Japanese girl. I'm in my last year of middle school now. I currently live in Texas, U.S.A. But because of me being tall, white, and squinty-eyed, people ask what kind of Asian half breed am I. They would ask if I'm Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and many more. They would not believe me if I say I'm half-American, but would soon believe when they would hear my last name.

        I'm an artist, and by artist, I mean, I create works of art mainly in drawing. But, not many know I have this ability. I make novels too and tend to make them into mangas (Japanese styled comics), no one knows about this yet. And most of my close friends are guys, so I have also earned the title for being a tomboy. I am also quite famous for doing stuff alone in a corner, like drawing or reading a book. I'm a loner... But most of all, I am known as a nerd.

        Even though I don't wear glasses and only ranked salutatorian on my sixth grade of elementary, everybody comes to me for answers. And being such a nice girl that I am, I give it to them. So, to sum it up -- I'm a NERD... I've accepted the title...

-----------------

        About the wish... Yeah... Middle school has been boring also. So, one night when I was staring at the sky, I saw a shooting star pass by and quickly made a wish.

        I wished that my high school life would become more exciting and romantic soon. I also wished for it to be more like my novel. I would even pray for that wish every night...

Then I became a high school student... Life was still the same though...

Until everything started on the month of January...