Chapter 70: Love Life

Two weeks have passed and we have finished quiet a few reports for now and are awaiting new ones. Hopefully, they won't be near, all that reporting and researching was tiresome. I've gotten a lot more closer with my group mates, and even my friends who weren't even in my group to begin with.

Keith has still been a little flirty, but as he says, 'That's how I act with my friends!' Yeah right! He's still them same guy, but me, Scott and Floyd were very shocked to know that the childish Keith, actually has a girlfriend and they've been dating for two years now! Whoah! Never judge a book by it's cover!

Although, I can't ignore Skipper, or as we call him, 'Skip'. Why? He's being a pain in the butt, always annoying me and teasing me for my sharp voice when I try to joke around. And when I'm being quiet, he suddenly pokes me from out of nowhere! He's really been needy for my attention lately, but I found it quite interesting when he started to get to know me more.

He texts me quite often just to ask how I'm doing or where I'm at. Sometimes, he'd be really concerned and when I'd ask why, he'd say 'It's because I care for you.'

Wow... That was a cheesy line!

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think this guy loves me. One time before classes, we talked together at one of the lounges, "Jade? Mind if I ask you something?"

"What's up Skip?" I stop reading on my phone and turn to listen to him.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend before?"

If I was drinking something right now, I would've spewed it out instantly. But I tried to answer calmly, even though I was really nervous on the inside.

"No... I've been a No-Boyfriend-Since-Birth kind of girl."

"And why not?"

"Well... Family reasons, and for my future..."

"Oh..." he bent his head, but raised it up again to ask me another question, "What's your type of guy?"

Seriously right now?!

He's really making me snort in the inside. It would be rude to show that display outwards. But I had to answer him, "Obviously a nice guy, and it's okay for him to have average looks. What I'm really looking for is a guy who can respect me and love me for who I am..."

"Ah..." he said and I decided to change the topic as it was awkward for me.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Soon, weeks have turned into months and we're finally on the last week of October. Skip had finally confessed to me and he keeps finding the time to spend with me lately. He's been really sweet, caring my heavy stuff for me, and opening doors for me. I would keep on telling him not to do these embarrassing things for me, but he insisted. I didn't want him to be so gentlemanly, it was weird for me.

But, as the weeks passed by, almost everyday we spent with each other seemed so natural. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend, since he kept in mind that my parents weren't okay with it yet. But being with him, and him being so sweet, made us look like we were an MU. All of our friends understood that already. And when they saw us together, they would either cheer on us or taunt us to make us embarrassed.

I hated to admit it, but I didn't think it was possible that Skip would have made me fall for him. He would even make me forget about Chris. I didn't go to check on him on facebook anymore. But of course, his posts were still visible to me and I see that Chris has a new chick again. It bothered me, but not too much, since I now had someone who was treating me right.

There would almost never be a day where Skipper wouldn't text me. Even in texts, he's still as cheesy as ever. He'd always tell me that he loves me, although, for some reason, I have never told him that I love him back. Either I was too embarrassed to say it, or I haven't completely fallen for him yet. It was all too complicated to me, but he still never gave up and was still so sweet.