Chapter 78: The Same

[Chris' P.O.V.]

Jade really surprised me there! I would have never expected to meet her in California this early, I always thought it would be after college! But seeing as she's right here with me at this very moment, I wanted to cherish her here with me.

Three whole years, huh?

I thought it would be more, but I'm relieved that I get to spend time with her, even if it would be for a couple of days, or even just today.

She's still the same person I've known since high school. Although she has changed a bit, but in a good way. She's smiling more now and is okay with me around than when we first knew each other back in second year. I guess she's hyped up to see me too.

I can't believe I felt like a stalker the last two years! I just missed her so much, I would try to see if she's online or if she'd post anything new, but to my disappointment, it's like she never really uses facebook for entertainment anymore. I wanted to see more of her pictures on how well she was doing, but I guess she's gotten more busy with school. She is going to be a doctor.

I feel awful for not communicating with her like we promised in the past. I guess studying for medicine back then just stressed me out and I raged quit. I also had my fare share of girlfriends, but they wouldn't stay for too long. The first few would always get angry at me for comparing them to another girl. Or rather, it was also my fault for always talking about Jade to them even though she wasn't with me, that they'd get mad and break up with me.

Then the next girlfriends I had were nice ones, but some were just too clingy, which didn't really suit my tastes. Although, I did stop talking about my past relationships with other girls, be it romantically or just friendship. But I didn't just seem to like it, so I broke up with them.

Being a music student really takes my mind off of things, especially stress. It's a very relaxing course for me, since I've always loved music. I sometimes tend to forget about stuff, but my girlfriend has been really worrying about me not to get myself all-out in case my heart acts up again or to just keep in track of things.

My girlfriend, Stacy, has always been there for me since we got together. Sure there were times in which we fought, but we always made up. She was the girl whom I've been fond of since the last break up I had. She's also the first girl I've ever dated which actually extended from a month. I usually dated girls for a month or less. The longest relationship I had, I'd say, would be three months. But now, me and Stacy have been dating for more than six months now.

"Shall we go, Jade?" I say to her with a warm smile on my face, I wasn't just acting, I was really happy that I could have some alone bonding time with my nee-chan.

"Yeah!" she beamed with her cheerful smile that I never get tired of seeing.

Back in high school, she was just the typical loner type of nerd. She was actually the type which I would never dream of talking to, in case they'd talk about boring stuff or wouldn't pay attention to guys like me at all. She was though!

I just didn't understand it myself, but when I saw other classmates approach her and talk to her, it's like her gloomy aura just faded away and a light rainbow shines in her background. It changed my perspective of her, especially because she was the cute kind of nerd.

"Why'd you decide to bring me here Chris?" she asked me with an inquiring look.

"Well, I just felt like this place was beautiful and that the scenery here was much more better than roaming inside a mall." I answer honestly.

"You've got a point there~!" she giggles.

We roamed around the place more, and I pointed at many things while talking about them and also shared to her a little about California and about my school and my life here. She also talks about her life in Massachusetts and how she'd go back to Texas on college breaks. We had a fun conversation, but I just missed one thing in particular that I loved doing with Jade. Teasing her...