Chapter 86: Closure

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"Which one do you love the most? Me? Or Jade?" Stacy had to ask me.

I clicked my tongue and answered honestly, "I'm sorry Stace, but... I love Jade..." I bow my head in guilt. The next thing I knew was, I felt a stinging pain on my left cheek. I was anticipating that slap for a long time now, and I finally received it.

"Jay..." she started, her voice cracking, "I trusted you. I trusted that you would choose me even though I knew your past with Jade!"

"I'm sorry Stacy... I didn't mean to hurt you..." I face her with worry in my eyes.

"Well, that scene earlier had already hurt me! You're just like the guys I used to date in the past!" she yells at me. And I had nothing to retort about, and she continued on, "Did you ever truly love me? Was I just some replacement for her?! Because you never had the chance to have a relationship with her with years of being close?!!"

"No, Stacy, no... I never thought of you as I replacement, and I DID love you!" I assure her.

"I can't even tell if you're lying to me right now or not?!" she flung her arms around.

I try to hold her, but she flails her hands to push me away and screams at me not to touch her and to get away from her. I finally grab a hold of her and look her in the eyes as I say, "Stacy, you were my everything alright?! Never have I thought negatively about you! Okay, I may have thought about Jade from time to time even when it was still us, but I put you first! I'm sorry if my past got in the way of our future, alright?!"

I then let her go, as she was still staring at me, frozen into place. I sat on the nearest sofa and heaved out a heavy sigh as I held my face, trying to calm myself down. This was all too much for a normal day...

"Jay..." she cried, "I thought you were the one. I thought you were that one guy who would sweep me off my feet and throw all of my worries away."

Hearing her weep out those words just made me think that I was in the wrong even more, but I knew that I completely was. "Stacy, I'm really sorry..." I shake my head at her while facing the floor.

"Just please stop apologizing and tell me what made you choose Jade over me?" she tried to keep her cool as she wiped the rolling tears on her cheeks.

"You know... Gah... I don't think my love for Jade even has an explanation."

"Well that's just great! You said you loved me because I was special, and you say you don't even know why you love Jade?! Unbelievable!"

"I guess all those years without her just made me want her, especially now that I've seen her again." I try to explain.

"And you looked so happy with her in your arms back there Jay! You were practically kissing her in public!" her tears started to roll down again.

"That was an 'I miss you' kiss!"

"Oh? And what about nibbling on her ear in public?! Huh? What kind of 'missing' her was that?!" Stacy was really throwing a tantrum right now, she doesn't deserve to feel this way. We've had fights before, and believe me, they were ugly...

"You know what? I felt my feelings coming back, okay?! But I still tried to conceal them for your sake!"

"So an old fling stole my boyfriend from me." she mumbled to the side.

"Hey! Jade didn't steal! She is innocent and I'm the one who chose the other path!" I defended.

"Yeah! Defend HER Jay!!! You've probably made out without me watching or something!" she snaps. I grew quiet and looked away from her, I couldn't retort to that. I am truly blameworthy for it because I'm the one who initiated it with Jade. I just didn't want Stacy to know about it, but I have to tell her the truth.