Epilogue

...Another two years later...

[Jade's P.O.V.]

Aaaahhhhh... It's been months now since I've passed all my required exams; and now, I am officially a licensed doctor~! To be exact, I am an Epidemiologist.

It's a good thing that I studied really hard and took advance courses. I even sacrificed all of my summer breaks just to finish up. I finally graduated after six years. I have finally achieved my childhood goal in becoming a doctor!

After I graduated from Harvard and finished up all those other exams, I went back home to rest. I was shocked to what I saw a few days later. Dozens and dozens of letters are addressed to me to see if I would like to have an interview in one of the many hospitals all round America, and even out of the country, for me to work in their hospital.

A lot of major, big time hospitals were rooting for me. It really made me happy to see all of this, but I was the most happiest to see that the hospital I was aiming for had also sent me a letter of recruitment. I was thrilled!

I then told my parents and said that I would go for the interview, and they happily obliged. So, I planned to go to California on the last week of August. And as promised, I would notify Chris that I would be going, but only to meet him after my interview. Chris was rather calm when I told him about it, it somehow made me wonder. I then became sad as I then think that he actually got tired of waiting for me, or has moved on and fell for another woman. It was painful, but I stopped myself from bumming over it even more.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After the interview, I was so hyped up! I've been accepted and can come to work at any day I feel like starting! Of course, I still need to find an apartment to live in and then pack my things to settle in. I'll work on that right after I talk with my folks on Skype later this evening.

As I exited the hospital, I was dazed to see...

"Sam?! What are you doing here?!!" I ran to her as she called out my name and gave her a big hug, "Long time no see~!"

"Well, let's just say, I really missed you and want to surprise you somewhere~!" she choked a laugh.

"Ooo~!!!" I giggle, "I love surprises~!" I really don't know what's in store for me, but I'm really exited!!!

"I know you do..." she then grabbed me by the hand and called for a taxi, "C'mmon! I'll take you there!"

Minutes later, the cab stopped. "We're here~!" Sam said before paying the fare that she didn't want me to pay for. The place looks familiar somehow... It's at the tip of my tongue...

"Welcome to Beverly Center~!" says the person who cat walks forward.

"Jenny~!!!" I squealed as I ran to hug her.

"In the flesh~! Hey... I've heard that you're now 'Doctor Winterson'..." she draws air-quotation marks as she then nudged me and I scratched my cheek as I gave her a shy nod.

"What about you guys?! Any news on what your jobs are, or love life maybe? I haven't talked to you guys in years!" I blabber out and they laugh at me.

"Well, I'm currently a fashion designer and am engaged to an Italian~!" said Sam.

"Ohhh!!! Congrats Sammy~!"

"Thank you!" she smiled.

"I am currently an author, but not so famous yet, since I've just started a few months ago... My American husband is my editor." giggled Jenny.