Chapter 47: Girlfriend?!

After New Years, it was time to go back to school. Christmas break wasn't really all that. It was just the same as always, spent merry times with family and even international video chats from family in Japan. It was all nice, I even had a long promising break from school.

My friends wouldn't really contact me because they had their own fun times with their family. Mae spent hers with her family and even traveled out of Texas, Jenny spent hers going to Florida, the guys spent theirs in Texas with family, and Sam went on another trip out of the states with her family.

Back at school, I just placed my things on my seat and went straight to the heater to warm up. It was too chilly for me. Then I heard someone walking towards me from behind. I turned to see the person.

"Yo! Happy New Year Jade!"

"Happy New Year Chris!"

"Come closer... I have a belated Christmas present for ya~!" he said as he motioned me in for a whisper. As I came closer and gave him my ear, he then shifted his lips to my cheek and kissed it. It was so sudden that I moved away with my eyes widened. I was even speechless! But what shocked me the most was that I didn't scream 'Ew' at him nor scold him nor wipe away the kiss he left on my cheek. I was just frozen...

"If you kiss a girl on the cheek when you meet her again in the new year, you'll be friends forever..." he told me, as if explaining why he did it.

"Eh? Even if you didn't do that, we'd still be friends!" I say as I feel my cheeks heating up.

"I know! But I just wanted to give you a kiss as a present." he smiled warmly, which made me blush even more. I was still speechless, but I gave him a sour pout. "Now it's your turn to kiss my cheek~!"

I held my hand up to his face, "Sorry. But that's impossible." I say flat out.

"Eh??? No fair! No fair!" he whined and I just giggled at him in return.

"Sam might get jealous, you know!" I say pointing at him.

"Pfft! I'm not interested in girls anymore." he said.

Then I thought, "Huh? Not interested in girls anymore? Then what did that kiss mean?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On break time, Chris came to keep me company while I was reading a novel while sitting on the floor. "Stand up for a moment." he asked of me.

"And why should I?" I raised a brow at him.

"C'mmon! It'll just take a second!"

"Fine..." I said lazily.

As I stood up and arched a brow at him, like asking 'what now?', he said cheekily, "Notice anything different?" he said looking down at me with a smirk.

"Huh? Different how?" I was confused. He then raised his hands and moved it horizontally above his head to mine. My eyes then widened. No way! No freakin' way!  "You've grown an inch taller!!!"

"Yup! Now I'll be able to stare down at you more~!" he teased.

"No! But we were nearly the same height! And I swear I was taller than you before!"

"Tsk. Tsk. Reasons. Reasons. The truth is standing right before you, Jade..." he smiled cheekily. I got a little mad that he actually grew taller than me. "Don't worry... You've grown a little bigger too Jade!" he continued.

"Really? How?" I looked at him flatly.

"You're boobs~!"

"I knew it! You pervert!" I playfully punched his arm.