Chapter 51: Herb Oil

As the bell rang for first period to start, more of our classmates started going in the classroom. I would just read my book while in my seat to pass the time before the teacher would come in. George already sat beside me, and Isaac still hasn't arrived yet.

Moments later, Isaac sat beside me, or rather, he slumped down his seat. As I peeked to look at how Isaac was doing, I was rather shocked to see Chris sitting beside me, looking like he had just lost a battle. Isaac just got in the room and sat by Mae instead.

Chris was silent and didn't talk or do anything. The only thing he did was stare down on his desk. I was a bit worried, but I kept my feelings to myself and continued to read my book.

When it was second period, and we had self study hour, I then heard a tiny sound of sniffing. It wasn't a smelling kind of sniffing, but rather, a sniffing like when you're crying. It was at my left side. When I glanced over, Chris was weeping! And actual tears were running down his cheeks.

I couldn't contain my worry anymore, so I whispered to catch his attention, "Chris!" He wiped the tears off his face and looked at me with a very sad expression. He looked so pathetic, it made me so confused. "What's the matter? Why are you like this?" I ask him, still whispering so I wouldn't bother anyone. Even though others are being talkative themselves...

He didn't answer me, but rather, he took his bag and fished for something inside of it. He took out his iPad and started to browse through his files. He then stopped and looked so blue. He first showed me a picture of Amy, indeed, just like her voice, her face was also adorable. I can almost mistake her for a middle schooler.

"Are you being so emotional on how cute Amy is?" I joked.

He then flipped to the next picture which was a couple kissing, "These were in one of Amy's folders on Facebook. She's showing to the public that she's kissing this guy." he sounded so grim that it just saddens you. Because Chris is a lively guy, it's so rare to see him this way.

"Well, maybe it's not her, and maybe one of her family members?" I tried to reassure him.

"No. This structure's definitely hers. She's not elsewhere in the photo either." he sounded dead.

He then made a pained expression and then bowed down and gripped on his chest.

Chris can't handle intense emotions. His heart problem disallows it. It made me so worried that he might have a heart-attack! My mind went blank.

Is he faking this or something? He's scaring me!

But the truth is, what he's feeling right now is real.

"H-How about you think of something else? You know, forget about it!" I say nervously as I try to change the topic.

He then calmed down, and his expression changed from depressed to pissed off. He was so agitated, he muttered, "How about I make her jealous too, so she'll experience this pain as well?!"

"No! That's wrong Chris! Don't be like that..."

"I think I have a solution!" called out Laurence who was close by. We looked over to him and he continued, "You should look at Jade! One glance from her will cure your aching heart."

We blinked twice in confusion, but Laurence just held his two thumbs up. Chris then slowly turned his direction to mine. I gulped in anticipation. Once he was looking at me, he started laughing!

"Hey! What's so funny?!!" I whined, upset on why he was laughing at just looking at me. "Laurence! Is there anything on my face?!" I shot.

"No! Nothing!" he raised his hands at me.