Chapter 4: Samantha

A few months had passed by and one of my childhood friends came back from Italy. It's Samantha! She's half-American and Half-Italian.

I swear, I get along most with people who are halfs.

Sam, as I call her for short, was going to school in Italy for three years and came back to America for high school. Her mom's an American and her dad's Italian. She mostly lives in Italy though, so it's great to see a friend back in the states.

I spent the entire morning with her and asked her how her life was in Italy. It sounded so nice that I wanted to go there too...

Me and Sam talked so much that I couldn't believe how peaceful it was without Chris butting in on my business or even playing with me.

But why did the calm feeling have to end right now?

Ugh... Chris came back to his senses and started off with him being annoying again. Just great...

While coming back from the toilet, I walked back to my seat to wait for the teacher to come in. But something irrational had to happen. Chris walked passed me and tripped on nothing! Nothing!

He did that on purpose!

Chris stumbled into me and made me loose my balance! But I quickly managed to stand on my two feet and not let him fall on top of me. I'm not imagining anything, but I know that would be the scenario, considering how much of a perv he is.

"Watch your step Chris! You could've dragged me along with your fall..."

He just smirked at my words and walked on to who knows where.

Well I'll be... Ugh... Just ignore him Jade... He's doing this on purpose...

As I had finally reached my seat, I decided to open another one of my books; this time, the genre was about a thrilling murder mystery. Unexpectedly, Chris approaches me yet again...

This time, he pushes his face close to mine, staring into my eyes deeply, pushing me to my seat's edge. I could feel my cheeks burning up.

"Chris. How long do you plan on making the nerd blush? Are you into those types now?" asked out Laurence, one of his tails.

"I am not blushing!" I demanded and rose the book higher to cover my face up and continue reading.

Reading will cool my mind off that jerk.

Then, Sam came rushing towards me and asked me who that guy was. I told her Chris' name and that he was our classmate. But what she confessed became a great shock to me... "Jade... I think I have a crush on Chris..."

No!!! Why the perverted-playboy?!

I tried to convince Sam that it wasn't the right thing to do and that she might get tricked by his charms and will get hurt in the end. But, she wouldn't listen to me. What she told me now made me think - Is this the Samantha I knew back then?

"Don't worry Jade. Bad boys are quite interesting... You could say they're my type." she said as her cheeks slowly turned scarlet.

Darn... I lost her already...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Classes were finally over in the afternoon, but we weren't allowed to leave the school premises until the school bell would ring. So, I just hung out with my girl friends, Tess and Faye, to kill some time.

We just sat on the floor and chatted about random stuff, and because anime was a little famous in America too, I introduced it to them, but only Faye seemed most interested in it. Sam just stood by the sidelines watching us.

I couldn't blame her, she was still new and I was the only one she knew.

Faye would always then ask me about any anime or manga recommendations so that she could read and watch too. Tess just listened in on our conversation and tried to ask about it too.

Chris soon approached the three of us, sat down and laid his head on Tess' lap. Tess felt disgusted and pushed Chris away. But his eyes then traveled to a familiar direction. I traced his eyes to what he was looking at. Scratch that, who he was staring at. It was in Sam's direction. He knew she was jealous.

How could he not? Because when someone started to ask Sam on her first day who she thought was hot, she didn't think twice before saying Chris' name, and the gossip soon spread like wildfire throughout the classroom and everyone in class knew about it.

Of course, Sam was embarrassed that everyone knew, especially her own crush! But, she soon got used to it...

Dang girl... That took guts! Haha...

Chris then stood up and walked towards Sam's direction. He stood in front of her and gave her a hug. Sam immediately turned red! But awe... She pushed him away and went out the classroom. I couldn't read what she was going through right now.

Then Chris came back to us and laid his head on Faye's lap, but she soon pushed him away with brute force. Faye was always the violent one in my group of friends. So, with no one else, he decided to lay on my lap. I tried to push him away too, but he quickly grabbed my wrists and gripped them with an outstanding strength that I let out a little yelp.

"What's wrong with you?! You're harassing Jade, can't you see?!!" shouted Faye, enraged. She was never afraid to scream harshly at anyone who would get on her nerves. But, she was the one who would mostly save me, because I'm not that mean of a person...

When I escaped from Chris' clutches, Faye grabbed me and Tess and dragged us out the door with Chris stiff on the floor.

We walked home together and Faye wouldn't stop blabbering on how upset she was on the way that Chris had treated us, most especially me, earlier.

"Geez Jade! You really need to learn to fight back to get angry, like really angry, when it comes to pervs like Chris at times. It'll be useful!" Faye tried to convince me.

"Yeah... We're worried about you... Chris keeps on teasing you..." Tess said worriedly.

"Thanks for the advice guys... I'll try to toughen up a bit..." I reassured them.

I was mad at Chris too... But I just listened to Faye continue on her rant...

____________________

Hey guys!

Thanks for continuing to read this book. I hope you'll continue to like it... :D

And don't forget to... Vote! Comment! and Share! :D

~Kurisu-chan ;)