Chapter 45: Replaced?

The next week came in so quickly and Jenny started to attend our classes. Me and Sam couldn't even approach her because the whole class wanted to get to know her as well.

"New classmate of ours?" asked Chris as he walked by.

"Yeah... Her name's Jenny, and she'll be with us for the rest of the school year, and maybe for senior year as well..." I replied.

"Oh?" he seemed uninterested and just walked back to his chair.

At break time, me and Sam went to sit by one of the school's benches. Chris joined us along with a grade schooler whom he is close with. The grade schooler is a girl though...

Even with kids, this guy's still popular...

Chris then sat on Sam's lap and Annie, the grade schooler, sat on mine. The three of them just play-argued with each other, that would make me laugh and just watch them instead of joining them. Annie then got off of me and started to tickle Chris, Sam would join in while I would laugh and cheer for the girls.

When they finally stopped, Chris then laid down on us. His lower half on Sam's lap, while his head on my lap. He even wanted me to place my arm around his neck, but I didn't allow him, for my reasons, and also because Sam was beside me...

This situation looks and feels weird. It's like Annie's the child, Chris is the husband, Sam's the wife, and I'm the mistress. I feel like the mistress because Sam loves Chris and is so jealous of how close I am with him, and Sam's more close with Annie than I am. I feel like the evil one here...

Annie wanted to sit on Chris' lap, but it took quite an impact on him, so he pushed her off and caught his breath. I asked if he was okay while Sam and Annie laughed at the pitiful Chris. The next time the both of them tickled him and he fell to the ground, I took this opportunity to jump off the bench and run and hide behind a tree.

Wow! They didn't notice my ninja moves at all! Lucky!

I peeked at them from behind the tree and heaved a sigh of relief that they didn't notice I was gone and continued to play with and tease each other. I think it really is better if I am not there...

Walking back to the classroom, I saw Mae with Jenny talking by themselves. "Hey Mae, Jenny! Why is it just the two of you?" I asked.

They gave me a confused expression as a reply, "Is it weird for me to be with Jenny?"

"No. No. No. I didn't mean that! It's just, I thought Jenny would be with most of our classmates?"

"Oh, yeah... They invited me to walk with them, but I kindly turned them down saying that I wanted to stay in the classroom and bond with the others. They went out without me afterwards."

"Yeah, and a while later, Jenny was all by herself, so I thought I'd talk to her."

"Cool! Can I join in too?"

"Sure! Why not? ... But, where's Sam?"

"Oh... I left her with Chris..." I shrugged. Jenny was confused, since she really didn't know who Chris was yet. But Mae, on the other hand, blinked twice, as if not believing what I just said.

"Really? She's with Chris? Alone?!"

"Well... A grade schooler's with them, and yeah, they're alone and happy together, I felt like a third wheeler..." I giggled.

"Seriously?! You just gave him to her?!"

"Why does it sound like he's my boyfriend?!" I laugh at her.

"So? This Chris guy is popular isn't he?" Jenny pointed out.

"Well, yeah, he's popular. But, he's also the biggest pervert in school and also not a good guy type if you get on his nerves. But, he's pretty soft once you'll be his friend." I explained.