Chapter 55: Jacket

The door opens for the nth time already and Sam still glances to see if Chris will ever show up. Fourth period is computer time. We were in the computer laboratory and some of us were still doing our HTML projects. I, on the other hand, was finished and did art on paint because our teacher didn't want us to surf the web.

"Why is Chris always absent?! It feels like he's been gone for weeks!" Sam grunts and complains again as Chris was still not in sight.

"Relax! You saw him yesterday, didn't you?" I reason, clearly annoyed of her always complaining about him.

She pouted at me, "But that was just yesterday! I can't handle not seeing him for a day!"

This time I just ignored her and continued on coloring the anime character I tried drawing on paint. I emphasize the tried because I'm no good with drawing on computers, but with my hands, I'm good, but I don't want to brag about it to others.

Moments later, it seemed like the door opened again because Sam turned to look. After she did so, I then heard her squeal so cheerfully, which startled me and almost making me mess up the coloring. I turned around to prove my suspicions, and was right.

"Chris is finally here~!!!" Sam whispers excitedly to me.

"Yipee!" I answer sarcastically and she lightly slaps my arm for my rudeness.

Wow... Why were you let in school when it's almost lunch time?

You could've just attended afternoons classes instead...

"Hey, what's going on?" Chris questions me as everyone else was still serious and asking others on how to do the project.

"Find a partner and do the HTML project sir wrote on the board." I answer.

"Can't I be your partner?"

"Sorry, I already have Sam as my partner, and we're done."

Chris clicks his tongue and searches for a partner. Minutes later, he comes back to me, saying that everyone else is taken, "Please! Let me be your partner."

"No. We already finished and you didn't help with anything." I say bluntly.

"Did you let sir see it yet?" he asks raising a brow.

"Uh... No... Because he went out of the room..." I say sheepishly.

"Yes! So I still have hope~!" he cheers.

"I didn't say you could pair up though." I snicker.

"Please!" he went on his knees and held my hands and begged.

"No." I say flatly as I turn back to my screen and continue painting.

"Please!" he begs and holds my arms and disrupts me, "Please let me join too!"

I couldn't leave him begging, so I listened to the poor sap's plead, "Ugh! Fine! But ask sir if he'll agree."

And just as I said that, our teacher reappears and Chris asks, "Sir? Is it okay if three are working on the HTML? I couldn't find anyone else to pair up with."

"Yeah... It's fine if you haven't found anyone else vacant."

"Thank you sir! And we already finished~!" he grins.

As our teacher walks over to check our work, he opens his mouth to ask, "Did miss Winterson did all of this by herself?"

"Ouch, sir! I helped too!" Chris says as if he was hurt.

No you didn't! The only thing you 'helped' with was call the teacher over to check our work!

"You're so mean sir! I helped too!!!" whined Sam.