Chapter 77: Meeting You

After a couple of minutes of looking around and randomly going into boutiques, my mom poked me on the shoulder, which made me look at her. She pointed at something in front of us, so I faced into that direction and finally saw what I was looking for.

Chris, along with his little brother and Thomas, were walking to our direction. They were walking towards us, but looking at other things inside the mall. So, I decided to send him a text, "Look in front of you."

Looks like his phone vibrated, because he took it out of his pocket. But before he could even look at it, Thomas and Manuel took a peek too and teased him for some reason. I couldn't help but feel nervous.

As Chris brushes them off to peek at my text, his goofy smile suddenly disappears and an unexplained expression follows shortly. He stops in his tracks and just stares at his phone. The other two stop and stare at Chris too and maybe ask him like 'What's the matter?' or something. My smile started to disappear too.

I'm scared...

Me and my mom stop walking too, and we both wait for Chris' reaction. My chest tightened up for the sudden uneasiness I had. It's like I could literally hear my heart beating out of my chest, and it hurts so bad.

Moments later, like he finally snapped out of it, he slowly lifted his head to look what was in front of him. And that was it, our eyes had finally met. A nervous smile then crept up my lips and I slowly raise my hand at him to do a little wave.

His eyes widened at me and a huge smile soon made it's way across his lips. He soon covered his huge smile with one of his hands though. It seemed like he was really that happy. I was thrilled too. The guys beside him, who just noticed me, were also shocked to see me and were pointing at me while muttering things I couldn't catch as they were still meters away from us.

Chris then started to make his strides longer to reach me faster. Maybe because it would be embarrassing to run in a mall? The other two also tried to catch up with him, and me and my mom started walking too. I was trying to hide the stupid grin on my face by covering it with a hand.

As we were finally in front of each other, we just stared at each other first, giving each other showy smiles and short laughs. We were that happy to finally see each other again. "Chris, I-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I was just pulled into a big bear hug. At first, I was shocked to him hugging me, but in truth, I did anticipate this happening, and was just so happy that it really did happen. I then slowly raised my hands to give him a big hug in return too.

Chris seems to have grown taller since the last three years. It feels as though I am only up to his eyes now...

"We finally meet Jade." he says as I am still in his arms. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you as well, Chris."

As we then let go of each other, we flash ourselves happy smiles once again, and he pinches my cheeks hard. "You've grown even taller the last time we met Chris!"

He chuckled, "I know right? You were only up to my forehead the last time!"

I gave him a light punch, "You're just a late bloomer."

"Well, I am a guy~!" he beamed.

"Yeah..." I giggled.

"Nice to finally meet you again, Chris." says my mom as she extends her hand out to give him a pat on the shoulder.

Chris grabs her hand and bows at her in respect, "Nice to meet you again too auntie~!"

As they continue to talk, I talk to the other two by the side. "Jade~!!!" Thomas beams happily at me and comes in to hug me.