Chapter 63: Moments

First day of senior year.

I went to school as early as possible for no reason, I'd always be really early, but I was more earlier now than I'd usually be. I ran up to the first three doors of our three sections to see which classroom was the first section, where my name usually was at.

The first door I came by was the third section, I took a peek before moving on to the second then the first. Oh no, bro Richard is in the second section now! Awe dang... Senior year is so not amazing! Even some of my childhood friends are in the second and third sections. I feel sad already!

Staring at the list of names on the first section's door, I immediately smiled when seeing my name as the last person in the girl's list. But I went through all the names before I let my sadness take over. As Mae told me, she is home schooled this year, and she's not on the list. Her parent's didn't want her to go to school, since they were practical parents who were afraid of their daughter being kidnapped, raped, or killed. Mae's usually the one who talks to me along with Chris when no one else does.

I then paused...   Chris...

Before bumming myself out even more, I looked at the other names before even thinking anything. I'm still classmates with a lot of other people from last year, and there are four new names on our list. New classmates!!! I'm still classmates with my groupies, Jenny, Sam, Victor, Isaac, and Laurence. I went to the guys list and sought for the last names starting with C's. As expected, Chris wasn't on the list anymore... Thomas wasn't there either. But memories of last year flooded my mind.

I wanted to cry...

The doors were locked, so I couldn't get in yet. When the opening ceremony ended, students soon flooded the building, seeking their classrooms and squealing to know that they're still classmates with their best friends. Me, Jenny, and Sam squealed together knowing that we were still classmates, but bummed out that Mae would be home schooled.

When the doors were opened, I quickly sought for my seat. At the right most side in the very back, close to the air conditioner slash heater, which was also by the windows, my haven. As soon as I sit down in my seat, I sat quietly and traveled my eyes all around the room, staring at classmates being merry with each other. But looking at all of them, a sudden sadness or emptiness hit me, and I wasn't expecting it.

I then thought about Chris and Mae, where this was usually the part they would approach me and be cheerful that we're still classmates with each other. But not today, I was all on my own from now...

Sam approached me, looking a little troubled. I think I know what she's thinking. "Hey... It's weird that Chris isn't on the list yet? Did he enroll late or something?" I faced her, sadly and seriously, and believe me, she didn't like the way I looked right now. "Jade? Tell me..."

I faced her and told her with a monochrome voice and expression, "Chris isn't going to be with us this school year. He's transferred to California."

Sam was still like a statue with a shocked expression. She then slowly moved her hands to her mouth, she looked pale, "Y-You're lying!"

"Have I ever lied to you?" I ask her seriously.

Not wanting to believe me, she got up from her seat and walked away from me. She needed space. Our teacher in charge gave us a seat plan, I was placed in the right most seat in front of the last row, still close to the air conditioner slash heater and windows, next to me was one of our new classmates, a male named August.

August was a lighter tanned guy, slightly taller than me, maybe around 5'9 or 5'10 in height. He had a spiky quiff to style his black hair. He reminded me of a chubbier version of Chris, although Chris was way hotter than the new guy beside me. Hahaha!

But, it made me miss him even more.

Since classes weren't serious for the first day of school, students were left to chatter and walk around school, also for new students to know the place more. I decided to go to the library and read a book, but it's no use... Memories of me and Chris in the library filled my thoughts, making me sad. So, I decided to get out of there.

While walking back to the classroom, I passed by our old third year classroom. No one was inside, so I decided to take a peek. It wasn't any help at all. From the teacher's table, to my seat, to the wall, the floor, and even the curtains. Every side of the classroom reminds me of Chris. I walked inside, only to feel my eyes blur up with tears, before I could burst out and cry like a crazy person, I dashed out the room and ran back to my new classroom.

Back in the classroom, me and my friends were bored out of our wits. So, I took out my earphones and pushed play on my song's playlist to play in a random order while laying on the floor with my friends. The floor was paved in white cold tiles, but I didn't mind it. The guys also just sat close to us, playing with their phone or talking the time away.

I on the other hand, was too sad to do anything, so I pretended to be asleep. The most irritating thing, was that my playlist was mostly filled with love songs and even the songs that Chris kept singing that it actually made me even more depressed than I already was! When the last song ended, the next song that followed was 'Moments' by One Direction. Oh no... This was a terribly sad song...

'Shut the door, Turn the light off
I wanna be with you, I wanna feel your love
I wanna lay beside you, I cannot hide this
Even though I try'

'Heart beats harder, Time escapes me
Trembling hands, Touch skin
It makes this harder, And the tears stream down my face'

Oh no... My eyes are getting blurry...

'If we could only have this life, For one more day
If we could only turn back time'

'You know I'll be, Your life
Your voice, Your reason to be
My love, My heart
Is breathing for this
Moment, In time
I'll find the words to say
Before you leave me today'

I couldn't take it anymore, I didn't want my friends to see me crying in school for no dang reason. I turned off my music and dried my tears with my handkerchief in hand, and continued to fake being asleep. I was too sad as I already was and didn't want to worry them.

I knew I didn't love him that way, but I just loved and missed how much of a great friend he's been to me, and I didn't express my gratitude towards him while he was still with me, and now he's gone. He left me, he left us and is now going to school in California.

I miss him...

I miss Chris so so so much...

My heart aches so bad...

__________________________

Hey guys!!!

Hahaha... I can't believe I cried writing this chapter! Oh well... I sadden myself... XD  But yeah... This was a really sad chapter, even for me. Don't hate me... I just like making things long and complicated, but worthwhile in the end... :3

Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment!!! :D

Don't be quiet and share your thoughts~! ;)

~Kurisu-chan