Chapter 52: Tomboy-ness

On break time today, me and Mae were just in the library talking about random stuff. And apparently, she told me a deep secret that she hasn't told anyone else. Mae has developed feelings for my bro-Richard!

"What? O.M.G.! That is so cute!" I squealed.

"Shh! Don't be so loud!" she panicked.

"Ahem... Library?" the librarian warned us.

"Hehehe... Sorry! ... So, when did you know of these feelings?" I asked giddily.

"Well, I think it all started last week. I've been swayed in lately by how kind he's been to me."

Richard is kind to everyone, and it isn't hard to fall in love with him! I mean, he's got the heart, the looks, and the skills! He's practically one of the school's heartthrobs! I'm even a little shocked to why I became his sis and him my bro, since our statuses are so different.

"Awe... That's so cute! Must be nice to be in love..."

"You sure you don't love Richard?" she asked me, "I don't want to crush on my best friend's crush."

"Please! I've told you time and time again that he's just my bro! You know I don't like anyone, yet."

"Yet!" she giggled, "I wonder who's this guy gonna be?"

"Well, I'll find out in time. I guess my heart's not just caught yet?"

"Mhhmm?" Mae teased.

"What?! It's true!" At least, I think it is?

"Hey girls! Mind if I take pictures of you?" said Chris as he waltzed in and sat in front of us.

"Sure!" I answered.

"Why not?" seconded Mae.

After he took a few pics of us from his iPad, he then taught us how we could edit them and make them wacky. Instead of him taking the pictures, it was now ourselves, because we wanted to edit our faces, making them funny as possible. We were laughing our heads off! We even took stolen shots of Chris and edited them.

He wondered what we were being so secretive about, and when he caught us, the three of us started taking pics together and editing them to make us look like goofballs.

When the bell rang for fourth period to start, the three of us walked to the classroom. Me and Mae continued to play on Chris' iPad, because he let us. We were so concentrated on playing versus mode on Fruit Ninja, some of our classmates came to watch us play too.

When the bell rang, we had to end our game. We were still in a tie. It was a tough match!

Out Math teacher came in and she gave us a quiz. Usually, when we have a math quiz, she just leaves us to solve until the bell rings. For me, I finished those fifteen numbers in less than thirty minutes. Of course, also some of the honors in our class finished early too. It was only the non-honors or the math haters that would swarm the math whizzes in class, which I am one of.

Nearly most of my classmates asked to copy off my paper, and I just let them. It's really ironic to see how some classmates who are not close to you, try to be nice or say how they're your friends just because they wanna copy off of you.

Please! I know who my friends really are...

But, this has been a common thing for me, since I've been in this situation in any subject since grade school. So, I let them copy. Of course, my friends didn't want to be left behind, and they copied off of me too.

Classmates would come and go after copying from my answers. Then Chris came, he sat beside me, "Jade?"

"Yes Chris, you can copy my answers."