Chapter 61: Challenges

"What?!?!! You're going to be home schooled for senior year?!?!!" I unexpectedly yelled at Mae, causing her to back away. We're lucky we were the only ones in the classroom, so early in the morning.

"Whoah! Take it easy Jade."

"Sorry... I got carried away..." I say as I fix myself, "But why? Is it really true??"

Mae sighed, "I hope it's not though... I'll try to persuade my parents."

"Please... I'll miss you... You're the closest to me! And who else can I tell on when dodo brain might start harassing me again?" I gave her my puppy dog pout.

She giggled and playfully hit the top of my arm. "I would miss you too! And yeah, I am your knight in shinning armor!" she then made a knightly pose.

But I denied her flatly, "Please Mae, it's the other way around... I'm your knight!"

We both started to snort at my stupid line and then started to laughed our butts off from it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Break time and Chris and I were already talking about random things, like animals, food, games, and the like. Mae then came and said that she had something to tell me, but I couldn't go with her since I was feeling too lazy. So, she decided to whisper in my ear.

"Hey! No secrets! Let me hear!" whines Chris.

"No! Only Jade can know!" she sticks her tongue out at him. She then motioned in to whisper, but it looked like Chris didn't like what she was doing, so he came close and whispered nonsense into my ear.

I still can't get used to how Chris whispers! It still feels like he's nibbling on my ear the way he whispers so closely!

"Quit it you guys! I'm not comfortable with this situation!" I say as I try to stop them, feeling that my cheeks were really hot from all that.

"Why are you blushing Jade?" asks Chris.

To hide my embarrassment, I nagged, "Who's fault do you think it is? You guys had to put me in this shameful situation!"

"Sorry Jade... I'll tell you later instead..." apologized Mae.

"No. No. No. I'm sorry too Mae. It's not you! It's this dodo over here..." I pointed to my side.

Chris didn't take long to react, "Hey! I am no dodo! I am a handsome human being!"

"A vain one to boot!" I mumbled.

Chris then suddenly grabbed me by the arm and pulled me in for another whisper, "What was that?"

"N.. N - Nothing!" I stuttered.

"Let's play Rock-Paper-Scissors~!" he stated randomly as he let me go.

"Uh? Okay?..."

We then kept playing until fourth period started. Currently, the score was nine and two. I got nine for the record...

After having lunch, all of us friends met up together by our area. Chris then challenged me to our hand game again. But because he was losing, he decided to change the game into thumb wrestling. Chris was strong, but I was more agile. So, I got three out of five wins. He wanted a rematch, and when we did, he cheated by using two hands!

"Hey! No fair!!!" I whine as I join my other hand in the game, which I still lost in. But, I didn't complain though, because he still cheated.

"Haha! I win~!" he cheered.

"Cheater." I coughed.

He stuck his tongue out at me, "I still won~!"

"Whatev's!" I roll my eyes at him.