Chapter 9: Bride?!

In the morning today, we had a meeting between parties before elections, so there was no class. Because today in the afternoon, is going to be election time for a new student body president and other officers.

I joined in because of extra curricular points, because in high school, if you don't participate in any extra curricular activities, I would be deducted in my honors list. I don't want that! I am aiming for a scholarship for college. Even though I still have two more years to go...

The position that I took part in was to be the student body Treasurer. Cause I thought it would be a more non-stressful job than the Secretary, who always keeps writing, and the President, who always decides on stuff.

I sat on the rails by the waiting area of the school because I was bored and had nothing else in mind to do. I was just waiting for the boring program to end already.

Sam and Mae approached me, maybe because they saw that I was completely and utterly bored out of my wits. Well, that was a mouthful!

Mae came in to hug me, even though I was still sitting on the rails. She was so cute! She treats me like a guy though, because ironically, in our circle of girl friends, I'm the guy!

I did mention I acted like a tomboy often, didn't I?

Yeah, I'm a nerd and a tomboy... Great... (noting sarcasm).

But right after Mae had hugged me, a male voice demanded, "Don't touch my bride!"

Since we were the only ones in the area, we all looked to the direction of the guy.

Great...

It was Chris. He appeared out of nowhere and pushed Mae away from me. "Ew! I'm not your bride. I don't even like you!" was all I could counter. Chris just gave me his puppy dog eyes.

I'm not falling for that trick!

But then, the announcer called in our party to talk next. So, I had to leave them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After our party's introduction to the entire student body, I went back to the waiting area, not shocked to see anybody not there. Then I saw Cody from the distance, he locked his eyes on mine and walked towards me with a smile on his face.

He just looked so cute and childish, I couldn't help but smile back at my childhood best buddy. He stood next to me and we talked about the election for this afternoon. Of course, he told me that he was voting for me.

Then, a while later, Justin and Victor came and talked with me and Cody. Wait a minute! Victor is here. Does that mean—?

"Hey guys!!!" waved Chris as he soon came in sight.

I knew it...

As he came closer, he motioned in for a hug. As usual, I quickly pushed him away from me. Then he sang, "I'm falling for you~..." motioning to me.

For a hot playboy, he sings really bad.

He then confesses to the guys, "Hey, you know what? Jade is actually in love with me!"

I couldn't believe what I had just heard!

"Excuse me? Me? Love a perv like you? In your dreams!" I snorted.

I scanned my other friends, most of them just laughed when I friend-zoned Chris, but I noticed that Cody looked sad.

Awe... Don't be sad Cody! I like you a lot more than this perv!

In fact, my type was a descent and kind guy who is not a tease and most especially not a perv! Cody fit in to that type quite well...

Chris then called out to me, "Hey Jade! I'll vote for you only if you give me a kiss on the cheek, or more favorably on the lips!" after he said the last sentence, he then licked his lips at me like I was a tasty meal or something.

Gulp.

"No thank you. I'm okay with you not voting for me anyway..." I turned him down politely this time.

"Awe... You're such a killjoy Jade!" Chris pouted.

"No, I'm not. I'm just true to my words."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the afternoon after the elections were finished, I just simply waited for the results to come out, to see if I've won or lost. And because of boredom, I became sleepy. My eyes became so heavy, I had to close them. Then, I felt a presence, not a paranormal one, but a human one. I opened my eyes to see Chris one inch closer to my face!

I quickly pushed him away and he hit the floor hard. "Ow! You sure pack a punch, don't you Jade?"

"It was because you were too dang close!"

"Tsk. Tsk. Better luck next time then." he mumbled to himself.

This time, I sat beside Faye to stay awake. Faye then pointed to something behind me. Curiosity got the best of me, so I turned around. As I did so, it nearly gave me a heart attack that Chris' face was even closer than it was a while ago!

I pushed him again and screamed at him, "Stop teasing me like this Chris!"

"Fine then... Because me and my pals are bored too, why don't we play a game of tag to release ourselves from boredom?" he recommended. It still felt like he was plotting something, but before I could answer, my girl friends beamed out, "YES!"

Great... Girls just love to play tag with boys, don't they?

Me and Sam were running from the guys together and we hid by the staircase. Sam was on the top most part, while I stayed at the bottom. Sam kept peeking by the side of the wall to see if Isaac would go away.

For some creepy reason, Isaac only targeted Sam. I think he's in love with her?

Then, Chris came by the stairs. I stood in place, nowhere to run. He closed in on me and smirked as I hit the wall. As he trapped me, he placed a hand on my cheek and whispered, "Watch this..."

He then left me and walked towards Sam, and because she was so focused on Isaac, she didn't even notice that Chris was coming her way. I couldn't hide it, "Sam! It's Chris!"

When she faced him, he immediately laid her against the wall and kissed her on the cheek!

Oh my gosh! That pervert!

Then as us girls ran together, we got cornered by the guys in the hallway. They all grabbed a hold of each of us. Isaac grabbed Sam, Chris caught Tess, Laurence got Faye, and Victor had me. But not for long, Laurence came and took me too.

"Uhm, Laurence? Why'd you let go of Faye?" Chris asked, confused of his actions.

"What? Faye's so mean..." he whined.

We all just laughed and continued on to play before it would be time to go on home...

I gotta admit, today was sorta fun...