Chapter 29: Silence

After that hug that Chris gave me a few days ago, I somehow feel like he's been avoiding me. We haven't spoken to each other or even made eye contact with each other for a week. Did I do anything bad to him? Did I offend him somehow? I don't know, but I kind of feel hurt about him ignoring me. The old me would be shouting 'FREEDOM!!!', but the me now, after being so close to him would say 'Please don't be mad at me'... It's unsettling...

Walking back to my seat, George calls out to me, "Jade? Where's your 50 cents that our group had to pay from our dance performance?"

"Don't you remember? I already paid last week..."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes I did! I was even the first one to pay you." I pouted.

He looked up and came back, "Oh yeah!!!" Then Richard appeared out of nowhere and scolded George, "Don't you dare misunderstand my sister, okay?!" George was shocked to see Richard act that way, and so was I. After a few moments of shock and silence, Richard smiled and we all began to laugh.

At classes or breaks, I couldn't help but take a peek at Chris. When he's in a mood like this, he's so behaved. It feels so unnatural. He doesn't even dare to peek at me. What did I do to make him mad at me???

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the afternoon, we had a movie marathon. Our class watched a horror movie. I love watching and reading horror, but the movie itself was too much for me, I couldn't handle most of it. We had to watch Insidious Chapter 1. I don't want to have a heart attack and die from the fear!!!

While watching the movie, Erik sat beside me to keep me company. On every scary part where I cover my eyes, Erik teases me by also scaring me and poking my stomach. I didn't like how he was treating me. Tears started to escape my eyes because of the fear and the pain. I covered my face to hide myself, but Erik took my hands away. He was shocked to see me crying. So I laid my head on the table in front of me, not daring to watch the movie anymore.

Erik was still holding my hands. The next thing he did was weird, he placed my hands on his seat and sat on them! Maybe because he really wanted me to watch, but I didn't dare to look back up. When he let go, I wiped my tears away. He then began to bow down a little to take a look at my crying face, he then apologized to me and patted my head. He then sat up and whispered in my ear instead, "Sorry Jade... Don't cry anymore..." he sounded so worried, but I didn't dare look back up or say anything. In the end, he continued on to watch the movie and comfort me by just patting my knee.

Moments later, I still had my head down while listening to my classmates scream from the horror. Erik, who never stopped patting my knee, started to tip-toe his fingers on it. He then began to travel down my shin. This isn't right...

"Don't do that, Erik." I told him, but low enough so anyone else couldn't.

"What? Your knee is just so nice..." he whispered back.

You're not just touching me knee, you dum-dum!

He then traveled back to my knee, this time, caressing it. He then traveled further up until he reached my mid-thigh. What is he doing?! This is sexual harassment!!! Shivers flown through my entire being. It felt so scary and wrong...

He tried to venture in further, but I stopped him before going there. "Erik, where do you think this is going to?"

"It's just up until here." he said, marking my mid-thigh with his index finger, then continued, "You have wonderful knees."

"That is not my knee!" I whisper-shout at him and he just chuckles at me and goes back to rubbing my knee. A while later, he starts to go back up my thigh. I place up my hand in the middle to make a wall to block his hand away. As he starts to feel my hand there, he starts pushing it away. "Erik!" I scold him.